Chapter 4

Chapter 4

                The next morning I got up and went to my closet.  I needed to be at the train station by 10.  I picked out a pink tank top and jeans then messily put my hair in a bun to keep it away from my face.  By the time I was ready it was 8:30 and we needed to leave by 9:30 so I went down stairs and sat at the table. My whole family were looking at me weird like I was dead and just came to life. 

                “Good morning.” I said.

                “Morning,” Blake said.

                I went and got a cup of orange juice and a bowl of cereal and sat back down.  I ate in silence.  When I was don’t I put my bowl and cup in the sink. 

                “We have to go soon,” Blake said.

                “Mhh,” I nodded.  I went to the front door and slid on my bright blue converse then walked back to the kitchen.  I hugged Amya and she started crying.

                “Hey, don’t cry it’ll be fine.”

                “Okay…” Amya whispered.

                I walked over to my mom and hugged her to.  She was crying also.

                “Bye honey.”

                “Bye mom, I’ll be fine.” I smiled at her then walked to the door.  Blake was following me. I got into and we drove to the train station in silence.  When we got there it was ten.  I got out of the car and walked to the train which was waiting for me.

                “Bye Blake,” I said hugging my brother.

                Blake hugged me back.  “I’ll see you soon.”

The train bell rang and I let go of Blake and got into the train and waved to Blake.  The door closed and someone came up behind me.

“Hello.”

I turned around and Clara was standing behind me.  “Oh, hi.”

“Come with me and I’ll show you to the living room.”

I followed Clara till we got to a large room.  There were huge chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and a handful of red couches and chairs surrounding a big coffee table.  There were four kids sitting on them.

“You’re the fourth stop so we’ll have to get the other five kids then we’ll be going to D.C.  You can sit down and I’ll be in the kitchen.”

“Okay,” I said and sat down in an empty chair.  There were three boys and another girl.