Chapter Thirty One

I don't own Fire Emblem.

...

Robin looked between her husband and her daughter. Finally Lucina sighed. "I'll come with you. I trust that Diana has her own reasons for leaving – but it does not mean that I'm not worried for her. With her health and all..."

"Diana's gonna be okay, Lucy," Morgan said cheerfully. "I'm sure she didn't run off because she wanted too!"

"With that being said," Chrom sighed. "Alina, go ahead and assemble the team. "Lucina, Morgan, Robin...prepare for march. And equip as much as you can."

...

The three day trip lasted longer than she thought, but she pushed on, determined.

Diana rode steadily but faster than she normally rode. Urging Aduro on, she grabbed a cloak and slung it over her shoulder, making sure to pull up her hood.

She had heard of her father's orders for a search party, but she wasn't going back any time soon. She needed the answers.

And the only place to find them was Plegia.

Her nose wrinkled at the thought. She didn't like as much as her family probably did, but it was the only way. Validar was no exception either – discovering that he was her grandfather wasn't making this trip more exciting. If anything, she just felt more stress.

Diana swallowed nervously. She still couldn't get over the fact that the King of Plegia was Robin's mother. It seemed impossible at first, but as she traveled, she got time to think.

And by the second day, it was already clear to her, and the truth seemed to smack on her face.

She was indeed part of Grima's heritage.

Now all that she wondered was if Validar knew it.

His piercing gaze at that diplomatic meeting those months ago...

It scared her.

The thought of the diplomatic meeting suddenly raised a red flag to her, the more she thought about it. Naga confirmed that her nightmares and attacks were due to her origins as a half Grimleal, half exalted bloodline. But she hadn't had any nightmares until right after that, when she encountered the hierophant.

Her gut twisted nervously, and she slowed Aduro into a slow trot. Her mind was buzzing with the new information, and a sense of nervousness and fear filled her heat.

Diana looked down, trying to analyze the facts carefully. Now that she thought about it...was the hierophant the one who triggered all of the events and nightmares?

A shiver ran down her spine, and she drew a ragged breath from her lips. Suspicions crawled her mind, one in particular trying to shove its way through the rest.

It couldn't be.

The sounds of chatter filled her ears and she snapped back into focus. The atmosphere seemed to be wrapped in a thick darkness, and people whispered as they saw her pass, eyeing her nervously.

Then she saw the towering castle, with a flag towering it, and her answer was clear.

She had arrived in Plegia.

...

They approached Plegia steadfast. The three day journey wasn't as long as the treks they had made during the Valmese war, but with the uneasiness on everyone's chest, it seemed to stretch on for years.

Lucina brushed some stray bangs falling from her golden tiara. Though it was daytime, with the dark mountains that encircled Plegia, it seemed to be nighttime instead. She closed her eyes, and sighed when her sister's face had popped up again.