15. dude, where's my lab?

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no! Don't tell your mom a thing about this!" Davenport said to him.

"Oh right! Let's just ignore the biggest solar flare in history to keep the little lady happy!" Chase said sarcastically.

"Now did we ask for you to make a comment, Sarcastic Sally?" I glared at him and he just glared at me in return.

"Don't worry about the solar flare. I'll handle it. Just go pack your stuff in the RV and get ready to get your beach on!" Davenport said. We all stopped in our tracks and looked back at him with weird looks.

"Get your beach on?" I asked him, speaking all of our minds.

"I know nobody says that. I know that."

We all started to walk out of the lab before Adam stopped us and handed us each a pair of weird, looking goggles.

"Adam, safety goggles aren't going to protect us from the solar flare." Chase said to him.

"No, but it will protect us from the glare when pasty legs Davenport puts on his shorts!" He said. We all laughed as Davenport gave us a look.

"Hey, you should probably call your mom to see if you can come with us." Leo said to me.

"I was going to. I'll be right back." I said to him.

I ran out into the hallways, and even though I really wanted to go, I was still dreading seeing Davenport's vampire legs.

———

It didn't take much convincing with my parents to let me go to the beach for the weekend with the Davenports. They trusted me and the Davenports, but there was a lot of stuff they didn't know about the crazy family. It's best to not tell them because there was no way they would let me hang out there if they knew about Adam, Bree, and Chase.

I decided to wear a pair of jean shorts and a red, flowy tank top to the beach. My hair was in a braid with my sunglasses on top of my head. We took an RV out to the beach, and everyone was pretty excited. Even though I liked the beach, I really didn't enjoy nature. Can't there be a way for it to be inside?

"Tasha, you're totally tech free weekend starts now." Davenport said once the RV was parked.

"Great! I'm going to go claim our spot. If we wait too long, we're going to end up sitting next to talkers. I hate friendly people." She said. Finally, someone understands where I'm coming from.

"You go ahead. I'll be right there." Davenport said. She nodded and ran out of the RV. Adam, Bree, and Chase went to go follow her, but Davenport stopped them.

"Where do you guys think you're going? Did you forget about the solar flare?" He asked them.

"I thought you said you'll take care of it?" I asked him.

"Yeah, and what do you expect us to do? Bionics can't stop a solar flare." Chase said to add onto my question.

"No, but I have something that can." Davenport said.

"Of course you do." I muttered underneath my breath as he moved a picture frame.

There was a screen behind it and he placed his palm against it. Once his hand print was confirmed, the small living room in the RV turned into a small lab. There was a small console and panel, and in the corner was a missile.

"Welcome to the Davenport Industries Mobile Active Lab!" He said to us.

"Okay, I take back what I said. This is very impressive." I said as I looked around the mobile lab.

"You really are the master of a 'ta-da' moment!" Leo said to him just as impressed as I was.

"Ta-da!" Davenport repeated, "I call her the ugly lady because it's what on the inside that counts."