chapter 8

Link's POV

I woke up to rays of sunlight warming my face. Zelda was still in my arms from last night and was nestled snuggly against my chest. My hand touched her face lightly as she twitched her nose to show she was awake. Her sapphire eyes fluttered open as my hand caressed her cheek.

"Good morning." I whispered

"Mmhm." She mumbled, making me chuckle. I pulled her legs up and lifted her by her back so I could carry her to the academy. I was glad she was thin; at least she didn't weigh much. I walked carefully to the academy with Zelda in my arms bridal style. I managed just barely to open the door enough to get my foot in so could kick it open.

When I neared Zeldas room, Pipit came around the corner and looked at me. He was a good friend of mine but he was a year and a half older so we didn't have any classes together.

"Um," he mumbled, "Do I wana know?"

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically, "She fell asleep. I'm just bringing her back to her room."

Pipit had short brown hair with freckles sprinkling his cheeks. His blue, green eyes studied me questioningly.

"Uh-huh. Well, whatever, I will continue my stroll and forget I ever saw anything." Pipit said. He was an upper class knight and would go out on walks looking for trouble to stop. I rolled my eyes and went into Zeldas room. I laid her on the bed and covered her with a small blanket. I kissed her forehead lightly and walked out, shutting the door behind me quietly.

Groose stood behind me, "Hey, we need to talk." He said roughly. His face was still bruised where I had punched him in rage. I was in so much of a frenzy that I barely remembered what had happened during the fight, but I knew I had won.

"What do you want?" I asked him plainly.

"Follow me, it has to be private." He said under his breathe. My suspicion grew as he led me towards the goddess statue. He stopped in the center of the circle like pattern on the rocks and turned around to face me.

"So you never answered my question about what was going on between you and Zelda." He said. Well at least he didn't call her "his girl" anymore.

"We're together, get over it. Or do I have to kick your ass again?" I growled out.

"Shut up! I'm not looking to pick a fight right now." He shouted, like I said, he didn't want to get his ass kicked...

"Then what do you want?" I yelled.

"Is it what she wants?" he asked calmly.

"What?"

"Are you sure it's what she wants and not what you want?" he repeated more clearly this time.

Anger rose in my chest. How could this idiot possibly know what was going on in Zeldas head? But what if he was right?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Link, she needs someone better... she deserves someone who can support her, someone who can make allot of money working real jobs, not just cleaning or working in yards." He told me.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I shouted, "You think I can't support her?! You think just because I'm not some rich somebody like you that I'm worthless?!"

"What about when she wants to start a family? Have you thought of how your going to support your kids? How are you going to afford a house or other thins like that?" he continued, still remaining calm instead of angry like I was. I hadn't thought that far ahead though... it never crossed my mind that soon we would grow up and maybe even start our own family. Deep down in my heart, I had the feeling he was right.