Just like the very first time she saw him, Devon looked like the most handsome devil she has ever seen. A nervous smile overcame her features once his eyes landed on her and took their time to travel down her body. Oh how much she missed this feeling. The butterflies in her stomach and the skipping of her heartbeat.

He looked incredibly handsome with the dark blue suit and the same tie as Mason. But something about him just mesmerized her. Maybe the way he tilted his head once his eyes reached her face again. Or the way the edges of his lips slowly lifted into a small smile. And once he started walking towards her, Ester's eyes slowly widened.

No, she wasn't ready! Why was he even coming her way? Did she look okay? Oh, why was it suddenly so hot in here?

Devon reached the altar, nodded at her and then walked to stand next to Mason. Alejandro and the two held conversation and Ester took a deep breath. Man, she needed to get it together. What in the world was that? Sure, she hasn't seen him in a while but that was so embarrassing.

How would she manage to talk to him if she almost melted now when he only walked her way? She had no idea but Ester knew there was no way around it.
.
.
.

"Speaking of the scenery, did you hear about Stacy?" Mason asked around the table.

After the wedding ceremony, the guests found themselves seated around round tables, talking, joking and just having a good time. Alejandro and Martha had their own table and were currently feeding each other with pasta. Mason, Devon, Sierra and Ester had a table to themselves.

"What about her?" Sierra asked with a frown.
"After the police found a connection with her and the blackmailing, along with the stalking, they arrested her too. She's an accomplice after all." Mason answered.

"So she did help Jeremy." Sierra shook her head, all of them still very much shocked about the revelation of the two psychopaths in their group.
"Crazy how there's been a time when I'd consider them my closest friends. Yet, when the police officer asked me personal stuff, I wasn't able to answer a single question." Mason said, taking a bite of his stake.

"Pitiful." Sierra rolled her eyes, a little tipsy from the free glasses of champagne she drunk.
"But honestly the worst thing is still the fact that they stalked Ester. Hello? Am I the only one who knows what that means? They followed every single step she took, even went to her home when she was sleeping and watched her through the windows." Sierra looked around the table.

Ester shuddered at the thought. Yeah, she did know what that meant. Even though Ester stopped the police officer from telling her exactly what fotos Jeremy took, she still couldn't sleep without the curtains being drawn close and her room door locked.

Mason and Devon looked at Sierra with big eyes, telling her to shut it. She gulped before clearing her throat.
"But- uh, good thing they're locked behind bars now for at least another year." She finished.

"And after that, they'll both be send to a mental asylum. Their parents announced that last week." Mason said, causing Ester to look at him in surprise.
"What? Did you think they would let them walk around freely?" He asked her and she shrugged.

"Well, I had hoped not." She answered. Mason's words put her mind at ease, at least. But she still couldn't get that unsafe feeling out of her mind. It would take Ester a while to forget, but with friends like Sierra, Olivia and Mason, it was easy to get distracted.

And then there was Devon. The man who was still a big mystery to her but at the same time she felt like she knew him forever. It was weird, really. Even after he told her that he killed a man, she wanted him. She just knew he didn't kill the man the way a killer would.

And because of the words he said, she was giving him another chance. Despite her big wall she built for whenever Devon was the topic of conversation, Mason and Sierra did get to her when they said he had a reason for breaking up with her the way he did. He wanted to protect her and Ester wanted to know everything.

She was finally ready to talk to him in private. And when she dared a glance at him, she saw he was already looking at her. Just as Ester opened her mouth, another voice interrupted.

"Hello?" Sierra suddenly had a microphone in her hand and was standing, catching everyone's attention. Oh no, Ester thought.
"So today is a big day. My mother is marrying the man she loves and even though I don't know how that feels, since I'm single and I'm going to die single, according to two professional fortune tellers-" The crowd laughed as she took a deep breath.

"Anyways, I'm happy for her. And I'm happy to have Alejandro in our family. He's a funny guy, especially when he teases my brother. Who by the way is the most amazing man I've ever known. Not just because he's my brother, but because he takes care of me and mom and Ester, despite us being just the biggest bitches sometimes. Literally, he gave mom the opportunity to live her dream as the owner of a restaurant. And he gave me my own dance studio." Martha shook her head as Alejandro laughed out loud, clearly also quite tipsy himself.

"He's just so nice. Oh, and he can dance too. In just a few minutes, him and my best friend Ester, who is also his big love are going to dance the tango. A special present for the beautiful bride." Applause filled the room and Ester's eyes widened. What in the world was Sierra saying?

"Thank you." She finished and then sat down again. Devon took the microphone out of her hand and turned it off before setting it aside.

"We're dancing? I thought you called it off." Devon looked at Ester.
"I did call it off." She shook her head and looked at Sierra.
"Why did you say that?" Ester asked, panicking.

"That was part of my speech. I forgot to cut it out, I'm so sorry." She responded with big eyes.
"I think we should go and get you some water." Mason sighed before standing up and taking a hold of Sierra's elbow. The two walked away slowly.

"Devon, I can't-" Ester started but for the third time that day, she got interrupted.
"How marvellous, kids! Thank you so much! I thought you were serious when you called it off. Oh, you don't know how happy that makes me. Make me proud." Martha smiled down at the two before walking back to her seat.

"Oh my God." Ester whispered as her breath picked up speed.
"Calm down, Ester." Devon said, moving to sit next to her.
"But we're not prepared. We can't just go out there. And now everybody has those expectations-" She shook her head.

"Ester, we'll be fine. Don't mind them, just imagine we're back in the studio and Sierra is the only one watching." He placed a comforting hand on her knee. Just when she calmed down, the crowd started chanting the word 'tango' and she widened her eyes.

Devon hissed under his breath and grabbed her chin, so she would look at him.
"Just look at me. Don't listen to them." His eyes burned into hers.
"Just you and me, Ester. Say it."

"Just you and me." She gulped and he nodded with a small smile. He took her hand and stood up, pulling Ester with him.
"But I can't remember all of the steps." She told him when he moved towards the center of the dance floor. Everybody cleared the way.

"Your body does, just let me lead you." He told her as the two embraced each other, ready to dance.

"Just you and me." He reminded her right before the music started playing.

" He reminded her right before the music started playing