Chapter One

A/N: DEDICATED TO ZETTA1414 FOR INSPIRING ME TO WRITE AGAIN. Picture of Ne’lea on side. Brett’s picture was in the first post for this story. Again, I will try to find time to upload once a week or more if I have the time to do so. Update your library on Friday nights every week. If I am not going to have time to upload on Friday then I will try to upload on a different day or I will post saying that I don’t have the time. I won’t leave you guys hanging. I promise.  I am not going to ask people to vote for me, fan me or comment. But it would be greatly appreciated if my readers do vote/comment/fan. And I am hoping to enter this book in the Watty Awards once it is completed. So the voting would be GREATLY appreciated. And any suggestions for the fictional parts of the story are welcomed. I will ignore them if you suggest in a comment though. So send it in a message. I would want it to be a surprise for the others reading the book. One last thing, then you can read the chapter. If you suggest something for the book and I choose your suggestion I will dedicate the chapter to you, and mention you in my A/N at the beginning of the chapter. Enjoy the first chapter…

Ne’lea’s P.O.V.  (Sorry I didn’t have time to edit so please ignore the errors if there are any I missed while writing this chapter)

Ne’lea arrived at her new foster home shortly after 1:00 pm. Her social worker, Avery, told her that there was another teenage girl was living in the home but she would be at school when we arrived. ‘I can’t wait to meet her, I bet we will get along great and we can talk about our boyfriends or crushes with each other. I’ve always wanted to live with a friend.’ I thought to myself while Avery was talking to the foster parents. As I tuned back into the conversation I saw the woman stand up, introducing herself to me.

“Hello Ne’lea. I am Mrs. James, although you can just call me by my first name, Lillian. And this is my husband, John. Has Avery told there is another girl staying here with us?” She asked me.

“Yes, ma’am, I believe she said her name was Brittanie?” I responded to her respectfully as the way my parents taught me as a child. My father and mother died in a motorcycle accident when I was 13. I was sent to live with my grandmother until I was 14 ½ until the deemed her unfit to care for me because she found out she had cancer. After that they sent me to two different foster homes of elderly couples but both families had decided to quit doing foster care because of their age.

“Ne’lea, please, call me Lillian. I am too young to be addressed as ma’am and I want you to feel comfortable living here with me and John.” She smiled at me before continuing. “Oh, and Brittanie prefers to be called Brett. Just so you are aware. She thinks her name is too girly and she refuses to acknowledge anyone who addresses her as Brittanie”

I looked at her confused before I acknowledged her by nodding my head.

“Would you like me to show you to your room?” Lillian asked me.

“Yes, please….Lillian” I smiled timidly at her. I wasn’t used to addressing adults by their first name, but I guess I could get used to it with just them. We walked up the stairs, while John and Avery finished up the paper work. She pointed out her and her husbands room which was oddly enough placed very weirdly in the house. It was supported by the pillars in the game room is what she told me when I looked at her questionally. It was literally half way up the stairs to the right. If she hadn’t told me how it was supported I would have thought ‘What the hell?! How is it floating in mid-air??’ We continued up the stairs and we reached the landing to the second level.

“All of the upstairs is Brett’s and yours. You both have your own bathroom inside your bedrooms. The left side is Brett’s side and the right is yours. You also will be sharing a mini kitchenette  which is straight down the hall it also has an adjoining living room/game room. With a Wii, Xbox360, PS3, a desktop computer which you both share.” She informed me while my mouth dropped lower and lower with each word. The house didn’t look big enough for all of this! She continued, not noticing my facial expression. “We have family dinner every night at 6:45 pm. If you are not going to be able to make it just text me or John and let us know.” She said smiling at me, finally noticing my dropped mouth. She simply stated. “At least there are no flies in here for you to catch, because there is definitely plenty of room for them.”