Best Of The Worst Sides.

I couldn't believe it. I'd been a paramedic for 6 months dead on. Me and Mill's have been living together for 5 months now. We have a apartment together in a block where a lot of the firehouse are actually living. We're in the apartment next door to Casey and Kelly. Things had moved quite quickly for all of us. Kelly just got out a break up and was quite sensitive. Casey was just himself. Mill's had a tough time, his dad passed away and then he decided to confess his love for me. I didn't know what to say so I just told him I really needed time to myself to settle in to this job and stuff. Casey and me had become quite close throughout the time. Shay was like my best friend. My partner in crime. We got on like a house on fire, no pun intended. But anyway Mills was a bit awkward around me after I pretty much declined him but he still continued to treat me the same and be careful with what he said around me. Today thank god our shifts were different so first of all Mill's went off to work, I just sat in the living room alone going through all the paperwork. There was a knock on the door.

"Coming." I called out, getting up and running over to the door. I opened it and smiled as Casey stood at the door with a smile.

"Good morning." He laughed.

"Why hello."

"Do you fancy coming on a run?" He asked, with a certain smile on his face like he already knew my answer.

"Give me 5 minutes and I'll meet you downstairs." I smiled, I heard him run downstairs as I went into the bedroom and grabbed the grey firehouse top and some leggings, Getting dressed with some trainers and leaving a handwritten note on the table for Mills before going downstairs and meeting him. I just punched his arm and started running so I had a head start, of course it didn't take long for him to catch up but he laughed and smiled at me as we ran side by side.

*
8 hour shift was the death of me. I just walked home and the apartment seemed unusually quiet.

"Gabs? I'm home." I shouted, but got no response. I went into the kitchen and on the table was a note.

'Gone for a run with Casey, Love you loads. Lunch is in the fridge.' I smiled, and there was a plate of cold pasta and chicken in the fridge for me. I just sat down and went on my phone while I ate lunch. I was hurt I won't lie. I scrolled social media and when I saw her profile. The first thing to pop up was a picture of them together. I felt sick looking at it. It was taken literally minutes ago. He must of had her phone and taken it because he was ahead of her running and she was sticking her tongue out behind him. I slammed my phone down and just carried on eating.

*

"You loser" I laughed. We grabbed the coffees and sat down on a bench.

"Shut up." He smiled. We sat down and for a moment it was silent.

"I can't believe we've been seeing each other for 6 months now." I smiled. "We've been running every day for 6 months."

"Indeed we have. I love having you as such a close friend." He kissed my head.

"We should start heading back anyway. We start work in 2 hours, we've been out for 4 hours anyway." I laughed, we quickly finished the coffee before running back head to head to the apartments.

*

I yawned as I went back into the living putting a shirt on.

"Mills. I'm home." She shouted as she shut the door and came properly into the living room.

"Hey babe." I smiled.

"How was your shift?"

"Tiring. Are you going to yours?" I smiled again, she dropped her phone and key's on the sofa.