Chapter 6 : Escape Plan

The next day, Lagoon, Seafoam, and Mystery were standing together inside Lagoon's basement. It had been a very long night, with Royal Guards all over the place searching for Mystery Book. Fortunately, Seafoam was able to fend them off.

"Alright, listen now, ponies. We just received this glorious package from Ponyart last night-"

"Wait a second! Did you just say that the package was from Ponyart?" Mystery asked, surprised. "Uh-huh," Seafoam nodded.

The face of the cream Pegasus blossomed with joy. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe it! Ponyart is one of my best friends – I mean, we aren't that close, but I still can't believe that you actually know her! This world is so small, isn't it?" Mystery said excitedly, jumping and floating around.

"Actually, this world is big, but let's just keep our opinions to ourselves," said Seafoam. "Anyways, we just received this glorious package from Ponyart last night, which contains some... pretty interesting stuff. She was very sure that all of these things will help, though they aren't exactly what I have in mind.

"Now, we will – or I will, to be exact – transport this chest of objects using teleportation into the library. if you think that we couldn't do that because all kinds of pony magic is deactivated in the library, think about it again – what if we use non-pony magic? That's right, Mystery, I'm talking about your necklace."

Mystery was startled. "B-but I can't use the necklace by myself. It only works for me when I need instant help, for example that library incident. I don't know if I can use it on purpose."

"Well, think about it again. If we don't rescue these ponies right away, they might sink into lava and Equestria might be no more. Doesn't it mean that they'll need instant help?" Seafoam asked.

After thinking about it for a while, Mystery finally agreed. "Well... I'll try. Though, don't blame me if it doesn't work."

As Mystery pushed out the necklace's power as much as she can, the other two ponies backed off. Since this is her very first time doing it, it was very difficult and painful. Lagoon and Seafoam stared at the necklace when it started to glow, their eyes full of hope. After a few seconds, Mystery finally managed to release the necklace's magic and teleport the chest away.

Lagoon and Seafoam cheered as they approached Mystery, who was sitting down on the floor. "That was impressive! Well done, Mysty!"
Mystery tried to stand up, but only succeed after trying a couple of times. "Ugh... I don't want to ever do that anymore," she said. From her face, she clearly looked very tired and pained.

"That was why we decided not to ask you to teleport yourself to the library. The necklace, unlike the book and the sword, wasn't really made to be used on purpose; instead, it was more of an emergency panic button. Forcing out too much of the necklace's magic will only cause you to hurt yourself. Simply teleporting a chest with the necklace was already very painful, let alone teleporting one full-grown pony," Lagoon said.

"I just hope that they have enough time before the floor splits open..." 'Seafoam said. It was unusual for her to be worried, but not this time. Her face clearly showed that she was worried, not only for the three ponies who were trapped in the library, but also for the relics and the fate of future Equestria.

"G'morning everypony!" Shadow shouted all across the library. The Bookstuff siblings, who were still asleep, were instantly woken up after hearing Shadow's voice.

"Oh, it's morning already?" Spectrum asked to herself. "What time is it?"

"If you look at the clock right there, it's eight in the morning," Shadow said. "Which means that we only have nine hours before the floor splits open. Which, I hope, would be enough time for us to get out of here safely."