Chapter 5 : It's A Trap!

The four ponies were amazed when they entered the castle library. It was an enormous room, with wooden walls, soft green carpets and big, sturdy wooden bookshelves. The entrance door was a huge one, with beautiful carvings emblazoned on its wooden surface. Windows were sitting on the wooden walls, delivering rays of sunlight all across the room.

The ponies quickly scrambled around the library to start their research. After searching for a while, they finally managed to find the History, Legends and Mythology section. They began flipping and scanning through books to get as much information as they can about the necklace and the other two relics.

At the same time, Seabed Gloss and her royal advisor Acorn Fjord were having a little conversation outside. They seemed to be planning a trick – a really bad one.

"I simply cannot believe that you just successfully found the necklace and its current owner – and also the other relics with their owners! How did you do that?" Acorn asked, with amazement in her voice. The whole kingdom knew that Acorn admired – no, she actually adored – the princess. In fact, she was extremely stunned when she was chosen as the royal advisor of the princess herself.

"As you know, I am a descendant of Princess Marine Voyage herself. This means that I also inherit her powers, which makes me capable of sensing that kind of magic. I mean, how am I supposed to not know? Princess Marine have owned the three magical objects once. I should be able to locate their powers, even though they were in a land far, far away," Seabed explained.

"That was amazing! What's your next plan?" Acorn asked excitedly. Seabed smirked.

"I have set a trap under the library – a boiling lava pit. When those innocent little fillies were focusing on their quest for information, I will take the three relics and lock them inside. Locking the door will deactivate their magic, which means that their wings and horns wouldn't help them. In twenty-four hours, the pit will open up, causing the ponies to fall into their doom," Seabed schemed. On her face was an evil grin.

"And the relics?" asked Almond.

"Aaah, the relics. You must have heard the tale of the three legendary ponies of Splosh, who stopped the war and created peace. And how did they do that exactly?"

"Umm... they joined forces and put together the powers of their three magical objects-"

"Precisely. And we are going to do just the same. Although, this time we won't be using the relics to stop a war; we're going to do the exact opposite. Yes, I am going to use the powers of the three relics to challenge poor little Celestia and revenge on her land! We are going to win this, trust me," Seabed said. There was fire in her clear blue eyes as she exclaimed it.

"Amazing plans, Your Higness! I truly love them!" Acorn praised. The princess smiled.

"Thank you, Acorn. Now, let's get those plans to work, shall we?"

The two Earth Ponies entered the library and trotted to the History, Legends and Mythology section. They approached the ponies, who were surrounded among the books.

"So... how's your research doing? Any progress?" Seabed asked, walking towards the huge pile of books.

"Whoa! Princess!" Mystery exclaimed, popping her head out of the pile. She had been buried under the books for a while. "Excuse me, Your Highness, but... we never intended to create this mess..."

Seabed laughed. "It's okay, no need to apologize. I'm just curious about how far you've come – I think you made some pretty interesting discoveries right there."

"Oh, we did find out a few interesting facts!" Spectrum said. "Like, do you know that the three relics were actually already part of the kingdom for a very long time – even before this land was named Splosh? The three ponies found their magical items together, which made the queen interested and caused her to choose them as her very own apprentices. The magic of the relics weren't only powerful, they also enhanced the friendships of the three ponies!" Spectrum clapped her hooves together in excitement. For a nerd like her, this was heaven.