Chapter 1 Strange but Special

Start from the beginning

  "Why, thank you. Thank you very much", Hermione said as she headed out. As she closed the door behind her, she spotted Luna Lovegood and Katie Bell. Hermione have them a slight wave and nodded her head as she passed by, but not even a second later she was lost in her new book.

  "Look there she goes that girl is so peculiar. I wonder if she's feeling well. With a dreamy far off look, and her nose stuck in a book, what a puzzle to the rest of us is Granger." The two girls glared as she passed by. They were amazed that she could and walk at the same time without tripping or running into anything.

  Hermione loved hearing the stories about Hogwarts, how the castle was made, and the many secrets that even Dumbledore might not know about. "Oh, isn't this amazing? It's my favorite part because, you'll see. Here's where they built the castle, but they don't begin teaching till 983."

  Lavender Brown and the Patil twins glared at Hermione as she walked around Diagon Alley. Hermione stopped right in front of Madam Malkin's dress robe shop. The same closed sign seemed to be collecting dust on top of dust. The word itself was almost impossible to see, and the only way to tell that it was truly closed was the fact that the door hadn't opened in four years. Hermione was hoping to buy a new cloak for winter, but it seemed that Hermione would have to go to Twilfitt and Tatting's, the robe shop that her old school friends were currently modeling for.

  "Now it's no wonder that her name means Beauty. Her looks have got no parallel", Madam Asker, the owner of the dress shop, said as Hermione passed by, and accidentally ended up stabbing Lavender with a sowing pin.

  "Ow!" Lavender glared at Madam Asker before returning her attention to Hermione. Pavarti, and Hannah, also modeling different dress robes, were already glaring at Hermione when Lavender joined in. It was perfectly clear that Madam Asker would much rather have Hermione model the clothes, but had once made it very clear that her answer is no.

  "Why does is matter if I wear the robes? That just shows people how they look on me. Just place the robes on plastic forms like Madam Malkin and make life a whole lot easier. The main focus is the attire, not the model", Hermione said to Madam Asker one day when she was on her way to get a new quill. Madam Asker was quite bitter and irritated after that.

  "...but behind that fair facade, I'm afraid she's rather odd."

  "Very different from the rest of us", Pavarti said.

  "She's nothing like the rest of us!", Lavender shouted at Pavarti.

  "Yes, different from the rest of us is Granger", all three girls said at once.

  "Auror at the Ministry, handsome face, now all I'm missing is the one person who makes me happy in life", Cormac McLaggen said as he entered Diagon Alley.

  "Why thank...", Marcus Belby started, but was quickly cut off.

  "Hermione Granger." Marcus frowned. "Ever since the wizarding war my life has felt so empty. She's just what I need to make my life complete. Right from the moment when I met her, saw her, I said 'she's gorgeous', and I fell. Here in town there's only she, who's as beautiful as me. So I'm making plans to woo and marry Hermione." Cormac smiled as he saw her reading a book by Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

  Lavender giggled with excitement and pointed at Cormac. "Look there he goes, isn't he dreamy? Mr. McLaggen, oh he's so cute. Be still, my heart. I'm hardly breathing. He's such a tall, dark, strong and handsome brute!" Cormac signed as he watched Lavender, Pavarti, and Hannah all drool over him and make fools out of themselves. He took his wand  and casted a spell to the awning of the robe shop. All the rain water and leaves that had been collecting for months had now soaked and stuck to their robes.