I.

A/N: I'd like to welcome everybody, and thank you for reading this chapter.

Word Count: 1127

"I have another mission for you Lady Devil." You listened patiently as to what your next assignment will be.

"It's an assassination this time."

"Whose assassination?" You raised one of your eyebrows.

"He is of royal blood just about to take the throne."

"I fear I can't accept that. Killing a politician is one thing but to murder a prince is another."

You were about to walk away, but a hand grabbed your shoulder and pulled you back.

"He is not just any prince. I am talking about Zarkon's heir."

All of a sudden the proposal seemed appealing.

"Come to this address later today."

You accepted the parchment, then left.

You have just come back from a mission and now another one.

And one as hard as that will take you months to complete.

The prince must be well-guarded and he is an excellent fighter as well.

THAT AFTERNOON

You walked to the address given to you.

"Welcome ma'am. Table for two?"

"Actually, I am meeting with a friend, her name is Arna Iok." At least according to the paper she gave you, it must be one of her fake names.

"Just a tick." He looked up the reservation list.

"Please follow me." He beckoned you to go after him.

"Your waiter will arrive shortly." The male left, leaving you alone with
your 'friend'.

"A restaurant not a bad idea." You chuckled slightly.

She smiled. "Well, it'll do. And it's far nicer than an alleyway."

"What do I have to do exactly?" You let a slight smile adorn your features at her comment.

"In a twisted way you have to go undercover. How long has it been since you've last had your real look?"

You blinked in confusion for a few ticks before asking what she meant by that.

"You are a clever woman. And I am sure that you'd look stunning without a disguise on." She winked at you in a joking manner.

"I don't see why that is needed. If I ever want to live a normal life then I'd like to look myself. So unless it's a must I'd keep to a disguise."

"Normal life? Please, you were born to do these kind of thing. It's in your blood. And we all know that the only way to finish with this way of living is by death."

"We'll see. Now let's say I look myself for this job for once. What else do I need to know?"

"Are you ready to order?" Asked the waiter, in his hands a notepad and a pen.

"Yes, I'd like to have the chef's offer for today and your sweetest red wine."

"I'll have the same, however I'll have water instead of the wine."

"So two chef's offer, one glass of sweet red wine for Miss Iok and a glass of water for her friend. Anything else?"

"No, thank you! That's all for now." She dismissed the waiter.

"Hmm....you'll need a background of course and a good reason to be there where I'll send you. Before I forget here is the book you asked for."

She handled you a 'book' upon opening it up you found all the needed information about yourself and some information about your upcoming mission.

"This is unbelievable. How the-"

"Miss Iok, your wine, and your glass of water ma'am."

"Thank you!" You glanced at the glass in front of you before returning your attention to your 'book'.

"I hope it is to your liking." She took a sip of wine.

"I don't understand. How could you get all this Info about me? About my real backstory."

"Let's say I have my connections, besides if you ever get caught and get injected with a truth serum or something then you don't have to worry about-"

You interrupted her explanation.

"That is surprisingly well thought out. Still I haven't been myself for a very long time now. I fear that I'd be much more convincing as somebody else."

You grasped your glass and raised it to your lips examining it before drinking.

"I don't see what all the fuss is about truly so tell me honestly. Who do I have to play as?"

"I told you, yourself."

You clenched your jaw in annoyance.
"Yes, that I understand. But what role do I have to play? A servant? A soldier?"

"Your role will be much more efficient than that. You are going to be..."

"Your soup." The waiter placed down the bowls of soup in front of you.

Steam was rising up and the delicious smell of the soup hit you.

"Let's eat." You nodded in agreement and began eating as well.

The need to find out who you'll have to act as kept bugging you.

But as it seems that has to wait until you finish with the first course of the meal.

"You are to act as the prince's new concubine."

"What? I thought that he didn't have those anymore."

This information surprised you greatly, who would have thought that the prince had concubines.

"He must have an heir. After all the assassination attempts on his life so far, he or rather his advisers came to the decision to have an heir in case he'd pass away. So the bloodline would continue."

"That's understandable. Does he know of me?"

"Yes, he does know of getting a new concubine. But we didn't send him any pictures. I must say that piqued his interest greatly, after seeing the memo we sent about you."

"That sounds lovely and all. So I'll have to play as his concubine and that's it right?"

"Well partly yes. On the other hand, you'll be fighting for the right to be his queen alongside with the other chosen women."

"So this is going to take me months if not years to complete."

"Technically yes. Before I forget only complete your mission when you are absolutely sure that you have everybody's trust. Possibly after you are chosen as his queen consort."

"If that's all, then I must go."

"Alright, I wish you could have stayed longer. Please don't forget your book."

"I won't. Do you want it back after I finish reading it?"

"There is no need for that, just keep it."

You nodded, so after looking through the information destroy it alongside with anything leading to her.

The game is on again.

A/N: How was this chapter? Was it okay?
Would you like me to change your code-name?

Please tell me if I've made any mistakes.

I apologise if halfway through it turned into a mess.

I've just got so excited because Star-Crossed (my other Lotor x reader book) has 10k reads.😮😃 I've never expected that but alas I am so joyous about it.

If you like Shakespeare and forbidden romance with a handsome purple space prince then feel free to check it out. 😙

Written: 2017. X. 30.