Chapter 1 Happy Days

The bright candles flash before my eyes. The very well know song surrounds me my boyfriend Ethan stands next to me holding my had.

"Okay honey make a wish!" My dad says cheerfully.

I wish for an unforgettable 16 year.

I blow out all the candles and everyone cheers. My dad leans over and gives me a kiss.

There is only one thing that could make this any better, my mom.

She drowned when I was 12. We were in a storm and the waves took her away, we didn't even find a body.

Ethan leaned in and kissed my forehead and whispered happy birthday. I smiled and looked into his deep brown eyes.

You are a perfect boyfriend!

We ate cake then all my friends left. Ethan stayed behind to help clean up.

"So how's your birthday going?" He asked.

"Amazing! And I believe a certain person owes me that gift you have been going on and on for three weeks about!" I teased.

"I have not! I have just been lightly giving hints that you will love the gift!" Ethan said. I laughed and threw a pillow at his face.

"Oh its on!" He yelled and started chucking the throw pillows at my head. I picked them up and kept throwing them at him.

"What's going on in here?"  My dad was now standing the the doorway.

"Oh you just a pillow fight." I tried to say as calmly as possible.

"Could you two just help me clean up?" My dad said trying not to scream at us. We both nodded and continued picking up the scattered cups.

"Okay I have your present for you." Ethan said calmly, but I could see him trying to hide excitement.

He took out a small black velvet box from his back pocket and handed it to me. I turned the box over in my hands for awhile.

"It's a present not a bomb just open it Emily!" Ethan teased. I pried the box open slowly. Inside was a beautiful moon necklace. The chain was silver with a moon pendent in the middle. The moon was covered in small diamonds that looked like craters.

"Oh my gosh thanks Ethan it's beautiful I love it!" I practically yelled at Ethan. He embraced me in a tight hug and whispered, "I love you."

"I love you too!" I replied

We continued to clean up then said our good nights. That night I slept with the necklace on so I knew that Ethan was there.

So I hope you guys liked it. Please leave a comment I need some ides for the next chapter. I don't really know what will happen! Thanks soooooo much for reading~ Starflower12359