Chapter Five - Prevention

Start from the beginning

Murphy gasped, choking on the water he had been drinking again. He coughed, slamming his fist on his chest to get the water to go down faster. "The-The ark?" He choked out.

Jay nodded. "Yeah, that. It was actually our electricians that found the waves. They're transmitting it to the colony, and they're finding a lot of sound waves now."

"A-Are you sure?" Murphy asked, his heartbeat accelerating erratically. If the people on the ark came down to earth, they would try to take over and then, just like Bellamy thought, they would put the 100 back in jail, then kill them when they turned 18. He couldn't let that happen... At least, not to him. He couldn't care less about the people who would string him up for nothing.

"Yeah, we have a room in one of the buildings on main street, the tech and electricians all think of it as their second home." Jay stated, seeming confused that he didn't know this before.

Murphy had to get into that room. For his own safety, and, possibly, Eve's.

*

Eve blew out the candle with one small puff of air. A long trail of smoke snaked up into the room, which quitckly disappeared into the air.

"So, what would you like to watch?" Hannah asked when she walked into the living room, and walked over to the shelves. Her eyes scanned over the many DVDs, and Eve shrugged.

"I dunno... Mean Girls, maybe?"

Hannah nodded. "Sure. You kind of remind me of Cady, you know."

Eve raised an eyebrow. "I remind you of a 110 year old new girl?"

She laughed. "Yep, pretty much."

"Gee, thanks." Eve narrowed her eyes at Hannah playfully.

"But what I meant was that you're willing to do whatever it takes to take down your enemy, even if includes tricking them and not taking the blame."

Eve nodded. "Eh, true I guess."

Hannah chuckled, nodding. Eve looked out the window for what seemed like a moment or so, but had apparently been more than five minutes, which had included Hannah yelling at her and waving her hand in front of her face. "EVE!"

Eve jumped. "What?!"

"Are you sure you're alright?" Hannah stood there for a moment, then sighed as she walked over to the couch with a large bowl of popcorn in her hands. She sat down in the couch beside Eve, who promptly reached into the bowl and snatched a piece of popcorn, popping it into her mouth.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. I'm just kind of upset, you know?" She frowned, taking a sip of the ice water she had gotten.

"I do. But don't worry, he'll see the mistake he made and come running back to you." She smiled, standing up and grabbing an old DVD from one of the shelves near the TV.

"What if I don't want him to come back?" She mumbled.

"Oh, please. You like him, I know you do." Hannah smirked at her, putting the DVD in the player and sitting on the couch again.

"No, I just don't want the guy to die. Who ever said I liked him?"

"Oh, no one... It's just that you went after him as soon as you realized that the grounders might have had him. You've just never had a problem with anyone dying at your hand." Hannah looked back at her over her shoulder. That last sentence got Eve's attention, and she stared at Hannah.

The worst thing about it all? Eve knew she was right.

*

Murphy moved back into the darkness of the alley when he heard more voices and footsteps. It was two women, maybe middle aged. Luckily for Murphy, they walked by without even glancing at him, even though his shadow was clear in the street.

He moved from the alley, walking further down the street until he reached the area he was looking for. He finally found it, Jay's shop. Murphy walked around the alleyway, and to the back of the shop.

Where was the key? Jay had told him about the key, but where was it? Jay said that if he had ever wanted to vent his anger or frustration, he was always allowed to borrow some of the knives. Of course, Murphy was going to use his access to the shop in a different way...

He finally found it on the top of the door frame, and shoved it into the lock. Once he had opened the door, he searched the shop for at least five minutes before finding two hammers and an axe. He decided to take both, one hammer and the axe. He might need them both.

He locked up the shop quickly after that, hiding the key again and walking down the street with the axe hooked to his belt and the hammers hidden under his jacket. It didn't really matter if he hid them or not, considering that the colony was based on weaponry and fighting. It was normal for people to have weapons.

He finally found a building that he was nearly positive was the correct one. It was very small, maybe about twenty by twenty feet. It was a brick building in the shape of a cube, and had a very technological feel to it. It had solar panels and satellite dishes attached to the roof, and electric boxes all around the perimeter of the building.

There was only one problem, he didn't know how to get into it. Of course, the way of force has always worked for him.

He took the axe that he had, and slammed the blade down onto the door. Luckily for him, it was wooden. He hacked at the cheap wood, and was relieved when it finally gave out and fell to the ground. He had a mix of good and bad luck. The door hit the ground with a loud thud, but the good luck was that there wasn't anyone in the building.

He squeezed through the somewhat large hole, the wooden spikes scratching at his jacket and pants. He grunted, shoving through it and finally touching his feet to the ground. He had nearly dropped his axe, but got his grip on it again.

The building looked to have three doors on each side of the hallway that Murphy entered through the door. He walked slowly down it, and cautiously as well, his fingers tightening around the axe. He looked at the first door, catching sight of the words on the door, even in the dark.

They said: Tech Room, Authorized Personnel Only.

Well, looks like I've found the right one, he thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I'M SO SORRY I KNOW ITS SHORT. Dx