Scare

Blood. Everywhere. All over the wall in the corner. All over the floor.

The girl was just standing there with the knife in her hands. Digging through her sockets with the knife. Grinding it deeper and deeper- until her eyes pop out.

I began quivering. I whimper like some kind of abandoned and lost puppy. This vision- it's way worse than the rest. I can actually smell the blood at this point. And hear the noises of the knife cutting through the little girls face.

"Stop..." I whisper and begin backing away, only for the little girl to step forward every time I do.

"S-Stop!!" I yell this time and Carrie looks at me. "What is it Avery?" She asks and I begin furiously rubbing at my eyes. Waiting for the vision to subside and end already.

Once I open my eyes back up, I can't see nothing, not even Carrie, who was right next to me.
"I can't see!" I panick and search around, Trying to grasp whether or not this is still a vision and I too- have no eyes.

I feel a slight touch on my arms and realize it was Carries. Relived she replies back.

"I think the lights just went out. They'll be back on. Did you not hear the announcement?" She asks. A noise of something cracking and a few creepy seconds later, the lights come back on.

I sigh and clutch onto Carrie for the rest of the way through the hospital.

👻👻👻👻

"That was decent.. I guess." Says Carrie as she pulls out her phone and Henry chuckles. "Such a party pooper!" He says and wraps an arm around her as we walk to Henry's car. He opend the drivers side door and slides in and shuts the door.

"What was that?" Carrie asks as she looks up from her phone screen.

I've never told Carrie or Henry about my so-called 'condition.' I'm afraid they'll freak out about it too and see me as some crazy chick like my mom. Just some girl trying not to see ghosts but fails at it.

"What? What was what?" I answer her question with more questions. She sighs and puts her phone down, but not away.

"You know what I mean. Why were you saying stop? You know I could hear you, right? We were in the same room together."

"I was just panicking because the lights went out... Not a fan of the dark, you know?" I say, trying to sound convincing. She makes an 'O' with her mouth and we get into the car.

"Lets go see Jacob!" Henry says as he taps his fingers along to the music on the steering wheel. I groan at the name. He always wants to see Jacob. Which is his best friend that goes to another school but only lives about an hour away.

I've never really liked Jacob because he always picked on me. Calling me names and pullung my hair in class, trying to get me mad or in trouble in class. Thankfully I moved and he stayed.

I watch through the backseat of the car window as Carrie and Henry walk up to the house. I refused to visit 'that jerk' I had called him and told them I'd stay safely in the car.

I look into their lighten up home windows and see a shadow. I squint my eyes, trying to see what- or who- it is. I panic. Which I've been doing a lot lately. I can never tell when things are visions or reality anymore. And at this point, worrying about that jerk and my friends safety, I run into the house, shutting the door behind me.

Carrie and Henry look at me funny when I enter the house.

"Decided to visit?" Henry asks as he smirks and raises an eyebrow.

I mumble a set of curses at my own stupidity. Of coyrse it was another vision. But still... Somwthing isn't right about this house. It gives off weird vibes. Something... Threatening.

I shiver at the thought.

"So the freak shows up to visit her favorite friend." Jacob says and I roll my eyes, a habit I do to only him and his cockiness.

"No. It's just cold out there." I say and shove my hands in my jacket pockets.

"We left the car and heat on." Carrie says and looks at me weird.

"Oh... Cool?" I say, not knowing how to respond to that obvious fact. Of course I knew it wasn't cold. And as of course I knew the heat was on too.

"It was too dark." I spit out before I even have the chance of what I was saying. Idiot. I blush at my blunt response and lame excuse and Jacob laughs pefusavily.

"Still afraid of the dark I see!" He laughs and points at me. Yes. It wasn't a lie when I said I was afraid the dark.

"S-Shut up!" I snap and his face stops twisting in laughter.
"Still make you stutter, I see." He says with a wink and I turn on my heels.

"I'd rather be in the dark then to sit here and talk to this jerk." I say as I close the front door to the porch and hear Jason laughing inside.

I sit on the steps that lead up to the house and stare off into the distance.

I watch as children laugh and go house-to-house trick-or-treating. I hear parents laughing and I look through the crowd of people and see the shadow again.

But I didn't hear the words that the shadow had to say.

👻👻👻👻

How'd you like it ;) comment, vote, and hope you enjoyed!!!