The Babysitter

"Y/n!! Y/n!!" You look and see Reese holding up the movie 'Brave'. You laugh and walk up to her. "Can we watch it??" she smiles and you can't help but smile. She's adorable, how could you say no to her?? "Okay, go get your blanket and I'll get popcorn and get it ready" she hugs you and runs upstairs. You would always babysit for the Herron's. Since their oldest moved to LA, you're their go-to person. Myta and Josh are like a second set of parents to you. You put the popcorn in a bowl, head to the living room and put the disk in. Reese comes down with her fuzzy blanket and sits beside you. She wraps herself in the blanket. Halfway through the movie, you look over and see Reese sleeping. Her head is leaning on your shoulder and you can't help but smile. You hear slight snores and pause the movie. You get up slowly and pick her up. She shifts her position and cuddles up into your chest. You smile and carry her up the stairs, into her bedroom. You set her down on her bed and kiss her forehead before leaving. A smile plastered on her face and you shut the door behind you quietly. You go back downstairs and start cleaning up. After you finish you sat at the island and went on Instagram. Shortly after, her parents came back. "How was she??" Myta smiled at you. "Reese is an angel, and she's so adorable" You smile back. "That's great to hear," Josh says side hugging you before heading upstairs. "Well, I should get going" You get up and head for the door. "Oh, is it still okay if I take Reese and Ryan out for ice cream tomorrow??" you ask and Mrs. Herron smiles. "Of course, they both love you and I trust you completely" you hug her and head back to your house.

The next morning, you are woken up by your alarm. "Ugh!!" you roll over and fall off your bed. "Ouch" you lift your head and look around. "I hate mornings...ugh" you get up and look at the time. The clock read 10:48. "It's too early" you slowly walk to the bathroom. You put on a grey tank top, black jeans, white vans, and a jean jacket. You curl your hair and grab your phone. It's 11:23 so you decide to head over to the Herron's. You knock and Ryan opens the door. "Hey Y/n" he smiles. You walk in and ruffle his hair. "Hey buddy, you ready to go??" he nods and runs upstairs. "Y/N!!" Reese runs up and hugs you. "Hey" you squat down to her level. "You excited for ice cream??" he smiles. "Yup!!" she grabs her shoes and starts putting them on. Their mom comes and smiles at you. "Thanks again Y/n. I mean the kids really like you" you get up and smile back at her. "I love hanging out with them, and they are great kids" You see Ryan coming downstairs and he gets his shoes on. "We'll be back later" you wave and they follow you to your car. Ryan sits in the front and Reese in the back. Once you get there Ryan gets a table and you and Reese order. You get back to the table and hand Reese her Strawberry and Ryan his Cookie Dough ice cream. You start eating your rocky road. "So anything exciting happen lately??" you ask and Ryan smiles. "Yesterday my best friend and I went swimming and played video games all night" you smile. "I made a new friend in school!!" Reese raises her hand excited. "That's great" After, you head back to their house. Ryan heads straight for the tv to play video games and Reese guides you to her playroom. "Can we play barbies??" you nod. "Now as the princess, I declare we get to eat all the sweets we want," Reese says. "But princess won't we get lots of stomach aches??" your barbie replies. "Well...ok maybe only sometimes" you both laugh and Reese goes wide-eyed. "Hey Reese, I'm home" 

You turn your head and see a guy your age standing at the doorway. Reese jumps up and hugs him tight. "Zachy!!!" You stand up and he looks you up and down. "Oh, so you're the big brother" you raise an eyebrow at him. "Yeah..and you are??" Reese lets him go and takes your hand. "This is Y/n, she's amazing" she smiles at you. "Well I wouldn't say amazing but-" "Reese?! Can you come downstairs please" Myta yells and Reese leads you out of the room. You faintly smile at Zach as you pass him. You get down and Myta smiles at both of you. Zach follows behind and sits on the couch beside Ryan. "Oh I see you've already met Zach??" you nod and she smiles. "It's dinner time Reese, now go wash up" Reese goes to leave but turns. "Can Y/n stay for dinner??" You look at Josh and he nods. "Of course, the more the merrier" you look up at him. "Oh I don't have too" Ryan looks up. "Please Y/n" you sigh. "Alright" You help set the table and sit down. Reese sits beside you and Zach sits across from you. Dang, he's kind of cute. He smiles at you and you look away realizing you were staring. "So Zach how's the band??" his dad asks. "It's amazing!! I love meeting all the fans and performing with my best friends, they mean everything to me" he smiles and you take a sip of your lemonade. Zach's mom looks over at you. "Oh Y/n?! I forgot to introduce you" you sit up and set the glass down. "Y/n is our close neighbor, the kids just love her and she's like family" you smile at her and Zach raises an eyebrow. "Huh...well it's nice to meet you" you bite your lip and faintly smile at him. The rest of the night consisted of conversations and Zach side glancing at you. You were getting ready to leave when Reese hugs you. "I want you to stay, please Y/n" you smile at her. "We have school tomorrow Reese" She looks down sadly. "but I can tuck you in if you want" she looks up and smiles. You go to her room and tuck her in. "Night Reese" she hugs you. "Night Y/n" you kiss her forehead before turning off the lights. "Sweet dreams" you close the door and bump into Zach. "Were you spying on me??" You ask and he blushes. "No..." you raise an eyebrow and head downstairs to put your shoes on. You thank Myta and Josh and head outside. "Y/n..wait.." you look behind you and see Zach closing the door behind him and running up to you.