"Uh, if everyone could gather, please." I hear someone say. My face turns to a smile.

I rush up to the main stairs and spot Celeste holding a drink. I greet her silently and she does the same. I gaze up and see the one person I've been looking for all night.

"Welcome, thank you for joining us." Elijah speaks. "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance."

I look to the side and I see his mother. Well, Ester. Celeste grabes my arm alarmingly.

"That's her." She whispers.

"Ester Mikealson." I reply.

"Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. If all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us to the ballroom." Elijah finishes.

I look over and spot Elena ready to talk to Ester. I take Celeste and rush over to her.

"Don't even think about it." Damon pops up. I stand next to him.

"She wants to see me alone, Damon." Elena sighs annoyed.

"Sucks to be her then." I interrupt.

Celeste stays quiet. I'm surprised she hasn't said anything.

"I was invited." Elena turns to me.

"You have to tell me before you walk into a lions den." Damon whispers.

"Why? So you two can stop me?" Elena snaps.

"Yes!" Damon and I both answer.

Damon and Elena share a look with each other. I clear my throat so Damon can continue yelling at her. She's crazy if she thinks she can go up there alone.

"It would be rude not to dance, you know." Damon says as he extends his hand to her.

Looks like I'm wrong. I turn over and see Celeste's eyes on Damon and Elena. She's probably hurt right now. She cared so much for Damon. Loved him even.

"It is tradition." Elena sighs and they both walk away together.

"I'll go with her." Celeste blurs out.

"What?" I ask confused.

"I'll go with her up to Ester's room. I'll find out what she wants and help." She says.

I pull her to a corner. God, she's like a broken record.

"First off, Elena is crazy if she's stepping up to Ester. Secondly, Bonnie and her mom are there for that reason. For any Bennet problem." I whisper.

Obviously she's talking about helping with the Bennet part of this damn problem. I should've never brought her into this.

"Bonnie and her mother might not be as strong. I'll be there to protect..." She trails off.

"Elena." I state.

"Elena! That way... Damon won't be worried." She rolls her eyes.

"No." I argue.

"You brought me here to help. That's what I'm gonna do." She says and walks away.

"Damn it." I curse.
~~~~~~
I walk over to Stefan who's been eyeing Damon and Elena for awhile. They've started to dance together. This reminds me of when Katherine chose Stefan for this one ball. Damon stood and watched then both dance painfully. It was hurt breaking.

"Stefan." I say.

"Hey." He answers.

"I love you." I blur out.

He seems so hurt right now. I think some sisterly love could patch it up a little.

"Why are you telling me this?" He asks.

"Because despite what you've been through or what's about to come, I'll be here with you always. And... because I thought you needed it." I confess.

Stefan stays silent.

"Dance with me." Elijah pops up smiling.

Stefan was about to say something but shuts his mouth and nods so I can leave with Elijah.
Elijah takes me to the dance floor and we start dancing.

"Who taught you to dance?" He asks.

"My mother." I say and I look around.

I spot Caroline and Klaus dancing together. Along with Matt and Rebecca.

"She taught you well." He smirks.

"Where were you all night?" I change the topic.

"With my mother." He answers.

We stay silent for a while and continue dancing.

I start to smile. This is nice. This is what I want. Us together is perfect. I don't know why I thought about Klaus and I together. We were a summer thing. It was when Elijah was gone. Now that he's back, I'm sure of what I want.

"I know you have feelings for my brother." He blurs out.

"What? Who told-"

"I compelled you to forget I asked." He confuses.

I look away and continue to dance with him. Why would he do that?

"You told me you loved me despite what you've done." Elijah says staring at me.

"I do. Don't you?" I ask.

I push away the anger I have right now. I gave him permission to compel me. Not erase any.

"You look beautiful." He answers.

I look up at him confused. He didn't answer my question. He said it earlier. Why is it hard to say now?

"You love me, right?" I ask again.

At this part of the dance, we switch partners. Elijah spins me away, now I'm dancing with Damon.

"Hello there." He smirks.

I try my hardest not to cry.

Elijah never really forgave me, did he? He's beyond hurt. I can't believe I thought he did. He compelled it out of me and then made me forget.

"How's tonight?" I ask him.

I can feel my eyes start to water. I suck at hiding my tears.

"It's been good. A little annoying." He says looking around.

"Hmm." I answer.

I look over and see Celeste dancing with Kol. Surprising right? Not! She sees me and gives me a small smile. I wave at her and continue dancing.

"What's up with you? You're usually all sarcastic and funny." Damon says looking back at me.

"He doesn't love me." I say.

"Elijah doesn't love you?" He asks.

"He didn't forgive me." I say biting my lip to prevent any tears from falling. "He said he loved me after he compelled me to confess whatever feelings I have for Klaus. Now I'm thinking it was out of pity. To cover up that fact that he compelled me."

"Are you kidding me? What are you gonna do?" He asks.

"There's nothing to do." I sigh. "I don't think he's going to move passed it."

"I'm sorry-" He looks around and frowns.

"What?" I ask, looking around, too.

"Where's Elena?" He asks.