[5]

they were now inside the diner, waiting for the drinks that clyde had just gone and ordered for them. the silence, craig thought, was unbearable. he was tapping his finger on the table top and bouncing his leg underneath. kevin and clyde were holding hands under the table while whispering and giggling to each other, sometimes glancing at craig and tweek. tweek, on the other hand, was gazing out the window ignorant to the giggles and murmurs of his friend and his partner.

"two milkshakes? one strawberry and one caramel?" the waiteress asked them, making everyone jump in surprise.

clyde grinned, "yes, thats us!"

craig rolled his eyes, knowing what clyde was up to. tweek's eyes switched from both drinks in a rush and then he sucked in an anxious breath.

"are we still waiting on more drinks?" he twiddled his fingers anxiously.

kevin shook his head and was about to answer when craig cut him off, "no. there aren't gonna be more drinks."

"oh... well i-i can buy my-my own if that's what yo-you want?" tweek knew what was going on and it was freaking him out.

"don't be silly, tweek. you and craig can share! i got the large drinks just so we can all save money," clyde lied, grinning.

tweek nodded, too scared to speak. craig noticed that he was freaking out and knew that he was most likely on the verge of a panic attack now, because clyde doesn't understand boundaries.

"hey, tweek, it's okay. just breathe and pace yourself," he placed his hand on tweek's shoulder. "you can step outside for a breather if you want, i'll come with if you need."

tweek rapidly shook his head and shouted, "no!"

some people looked his way and he covered his face with his hands, softly shaking his head still. craig glared at clyde and rubbed a circle with his hand on tweek's back. tweek then calmed down after a while.

"thank you, craig. i'm sorry i got so worked up over a drink," he was tapping his knees to remain calm. "sorry, clyde, i overreacted."

clyde shook his head, "it's cool dude. i'll just buy you-"

"no!" he shouted in a whisper. "i-i'm fine now, i'll just share with craig."

craig nodded, pushing the drink to tweek first. he glared at clyde again and flipped him off as tweek took a sip. they took turns in having a drink and passed it back forth. clyde pouted and whispered something to kevin who then gave him a small kiss on the forehead. craig rolled his eyes as tweek passed him the milkshake and he had a sip.

craig's phone vibrated in his pocket as he realised he was being called. he pulled it out and seen the familiar name on the screen and wondered what this could possibly be about. he stood up and motioned to his friends that he was going outside to answer the call.

once outside he answered, "yeah?"

"craig, hey! what's up?" the person shouted, making craig wince and briefly pull the phone away from his ear.

"i'm getting milkshakes with clyde, kevin and tweek and clyde thinks he's funny. what's up for you, kenny?"

"aww, y'know... the ushe... are you and tweek a thing?" kenny snickered.

craig blushed, "we aren't- no, we- me and tweek aren't a thing, kenny, i-"

"well, anyway. i know how much you care about my love life, craig! guess what?"

craig rolled his eyes and sighed deeply, "what?"

he heard kenny giggling from the other side, "butters asked me out today and-"

kenny cut himself off to shout something to someone else, it was muffled but craig knew he heard a solid "fuck off" somewhere.

"anyway, soz. butters asked me out and i threw up i was so overwhelmed."

"did you really barf? and i thought you guys were already dating?"

"yeah, i did puke. uh, no we weren't dating at all... he made it official earlier and we went on a date. he treats me right, craig," he laughed.

"well, im happy for you, dude, glad you are with someone good for once."

"thanks, me too," kenny giggled. "i know we are soulmates me and him, but i really love him, man. i'm so afraid i'm gonna mess up..."

"ken, it's totally cool, you aren't gonna mess up. besides butters has put up with everyone for years i doubt he will turn his back on you," craig smiled and realised kenny couldn't see him and stopped.

"well, thanks, dude. please don't tell anyone yet, butters wanted to wait a bit to tell everyone. anyways, nice talkin' to ya! i gotta go."

"seeya, dude," craig hung up and returned inside and was greeted by the warmth of the diner. he walked over to his friends and sat down.

"who was that?" clyde asked immediately.

"it was kenny, he was forced into something by cartman and he was complaining to me," craig had a drink of the milkshake.

clyde nodded, "cool cool."

tweek looked at craig like he knew something. he scooted closer and whispered in his ear, "was it about kenny and butters?"

tweek moved away and craig nodded. he figured butters must have told tweek first since they hung out a lot.

"we should get going since we have finished our drinks," clyde grinned. "wanna go see a movie?"

tweek and craig at the same time said "no!" because they didn't want to endure anymore awkward situations clyde was trying to throw on them.

"just you two go, i don't wanna in-intrude," tweek said.

"yeah, me neither," craig added.

clyde stared at craig with wide eyes and craig pulled his head back being weirded out, "dude, stop being a creep. just go on a date with your boyfriend we don't wanna tag along anymore. it's bad enough you already set this up."

clyde got teary eyed, craig rolled his eyes, "oh, dude... maybe next time, c'mon cut me a break."

kevin muttered something to clyde who then nodded and they both left the booth. craig and tweek sat there for a while in silence before speaking.

"so... your birthday is very soon. how do you feel? my birthday is a month away and-and i'm really stressing out," tweek rubbed his knuckled together, a habit he picked up from butters.

"i mean..." he shrugged. "i'm still worried about it, y'know? like- it's so overwhelming because i'm gonna find out who i am supposed to spend the rest of my life with... what if i don't like them? what if they don't like me? i-" he paused seeing tweek's worried expression. "sorry... i'm just so worried and i haven't had anyone to talk to about this stuff."

"no, it's okay, craig. i understand exactly what you mean, i'm afraid of those things too! this whole soulmate cra-crap is stressing me out as well. i'm mainly afraid they won't like me because i-i'm so-so uh twitchy or um whatever," he laughed, but it was put on.

craig smiled at tweek in this moment of understanding, with tweek smiling back. one thing racked through craig's mind, though, how could someone not like tweek?

---
hnnnnn HI!!!!!

hooo boy i was stuck w where to go for this chapter and it Was gonna be a cute milkshake double date but i think i ruined it...

well whatever!!! im excited to write the next chapter (ill also probably make it longer too wink wink wink)

have a day