thirty three

it was finally starting. the day both harry and zayn had been waiting practically their whole lives. as nerve wracking as this event was, anybody could see how exited the two were behind all the worry in their eyes. the wedding set up in the venue was beautiful. something harry's mother helped come up with. it was like an enchanted forest. trees were set up on either side of the aisle so that whenever they walked it would be like walking through the forest.

there was also lights wrapped around the tree's branches as well as lightly dimmed lights in between each row to give it that beautiful glow and make it seem magical. the purple colors of the room blended perfectly with the setting and made it even more soft on the eyes. not a single person in the room were disappointed when they entered, everyone was in awe at how well it had turned out.

harry wanted it to be perfect and that's what he got, in terms of the theme anyway, but he still had the wedding to get through to make sure that everything was perfect

harry wanted it to be perfect and that's what he got, in terms of the theme anyway, but he still had the wedding to get through to make sure that everything was perfect. he dreaded that something would happen, but people would assure him that he was overthinking and that his nerves were talking for him. harry believed otherwise, but pushed it aside because he didn't want to be the reason for something to go wrong because of his wild imagination.

so now harry was standing in the back, getting his finishing touches done. he could hear the music playing outside and it only made his stomach do flips. nearly five more minutes until he'd walk and soon be standing in front of zayn. just a few minutes before the two would be bonded for life. the closer and closer it came, harry felt like he might pass out. not that he was having cold feet, but because he loved this man so much and he too overwhelmed with excitement.

whenever his hair was done getting touch ups, he was wished a good luck before lou left the room and his dad walks over to him with a huge smile. he could see the happiness and nervousness in his son's eyes. he places his hand on harry's shoulder, squeezing gently capturing harry's attention. harry slowly looks at him his bottom lip bitten between his teeth. "are you ready son?"

"no, i mean y-yes. yes and no." harry stutters our. des chuckles patting harry's shoulder.

"relax son. i remember being this nervous when your mother and i got married." he says. harry sighs deeply.

"h-how'd you do it?" harry asks fiddling with his fingers.

"well, i just thought about how amazing it would be to finally be married to the love of my life, sucked it up and went out there. and look how it turned out." he smiles at harry. harry nods, a small smile creeping onto his lips. images of he and zayn spending the rest of their lives together flashes through his mind, all the happy memories they've made together and many many more to come. sharing their life together made harry happier than ever.

"i- i can do this." harry says. des smiles widely at his son.

"good, now shall we?" des asks, as he holds his arm out to link with harry's. harry giggles not expecting to walk with his arm linked with his dad's but more so just walking next to each other. but harry nods and links his arm with des' before they slowly walk to the door and exit. not before harry takes a deep breath and releases his worries.