Part 2: Grew in our hearts

Grew in our hearts

Killian looks over at his wife sitting in the passenger seat of the car, as she types away at her phone. She's smiling at the screen watching a video of their now 7 year old daughter Harper. He couldn't believe it had been a year and a half since she came into their lives. But now their lives are about to change again, they were getting a son. Harpers birth mom had landed herself in jail in a load of trouble; shortly after, she found out she was pregnant, and keeping the baby wasn't a option. She agreed to give the baby up without problems if the baby was placed with her other child. After some searching Emma and Killian were contacted, they were getting another child, I mean how could they say no to Harpers little sibling, which was now known to be a son. They had 3 months to prepare, their friends gave them a baby shower, even though with adoption you usually don't. And they had a blast with the nursery like they did Harpers room. Three of the walls where left white and the fourth is done in two shades of blue. The top part was a light blue, with decals of clouds and flying birds and sail boats, like on the ocean. The bottom part is a darker blue with different fish decals and even a sunken ship decal was at the bottom of the wall, they loved how it turned out.

They were now on their way to the hospital to pick up their son, Killian reaches over and takes Emma's hand when she sets her phone down "How you feeling love?" he asks.

"Excited, happy, over the moon; but also nervous and scared" Emma answers honestly "I mean we have a kid, but we never had a baby. I mean I don't know what the hell to expect."

Killian chuckles "Emma you are a great mom, and I have all the faith in the world in you. I won't lie I'm scared too; with Harper it was so easy. But I have a feeling love, the minute we hold our little boy instinct will kick right in, and we will know just what to do, just like with Harper."

Emma smiles back "I know your right" she says then looks out the car window and randomly speaks again "I can't believe me and him share a birthday, I wish we could have been there last night after he was born."

"That is pretty cool Emma. Well I guess that is what happens when you work and have a seven year old, so we had to wait till this morning to go" Killian says.

They drive for the other hour, mostly enjoying the quiet and each other's company. They arrive at the hospital and head up to the maternity floor, they go to the nurses station and tell them who they are looking for, not long after Jen comes out holding their little boy.

"Hello mister and Misses Jones, long time no see" Jen says with the baby still in her arms.

The couple smile and say "Hi Jen."

"Is this him?" Emma asks hopefully.

Jen smiles "This is" she says moving the baby into her waiting arms.

"Hi sweetie" Emma says looking down at their son for the first time "you are one handsome little guy aren't you?" she adds with a smile, the little hair he has is light brown, and he has greenish-blue eyes, Emma fell in love with him right then and there.

Killian walks up to her, placing his hand on the small of her back, rubbing it lovingly "Hi there lad" he says with a laugh, giving his little fist a rub with his finger.

Jen watches them with a smile "So did you decide on a name?"

Emma smiles at her, then looks back down at him "Henry. Henry Jacob Jones."

"Henry" Jen tries it out "seems fitting" she says watching them with him "How is Harper doing with all this?"

Emma sighs "She goes back and forth" Emma says with a shrug "we've tried to assure her that we still love her, and she is still our baby too, but I think once he's home it will help."