My eyes widen as does Jaiden but her mouth opens, while mine stays shut.

"But-but you already have a fighter August, I just bought the best one money could buy two months ago." She stammers her glossy lips parted in confusion.

Fighting? Me fighting? Royals normally sponsored great dragon fighters, some were gifted to them. There are different fights of course and I am assuming August is talking about putting me in a runts fighting cage.

"Yes and he has lost many of fights." August retorts.

"I'll throw her in one tonight, she survives she will be come my new fighter." He adds looking at  Jaiden leaving room for no argument.

I see a small glimpse of sympathy go through Jaiden's eyes as she cast me a look.

August snaps his fingers and a man walks in quickly.

"Yes Majesty." The Man says with a bow.

I study his long brown hair and green eyes, he is also very tall. As rigid as he stands he looks just like a statue.

"Take her and get her ready for a fight. The beginner runt fight of course." August states nodding in my direction.

"Your majesty what shall I do about Roger." The man asks.

"Well I am in a pleasant mood so he can have a break. Tonight." The man nods and looks in my direction. I don't waist a second ready to get far away from August as I follow the guard out I feel eyes on me.

Icy blue ones to be exact.

The guard takes me down a few halls into a room. It looks like a training room. Exercise machines are everywhere.

The guard points a long armored finger at a dressing room. "Pick your armor and hurry up. We have to leave soon to make it on time." I nod and rush into the dressing room and look at the well designed armor.

I run my hand along the jewels of many but I stop at one.

It had no jewels. Barely armor. It was moveable, which is what I would need to get through this.

I shrug off my dress and quickly put on the top paired with black leggings. I put the silver knee caps on my knees and slip on the black shoes. I look in the mirror and look myself over.

My hair hangs down to my butt in messy beach waves

My hair hangs down to my butt in messy beach waves. I use my hair as a curtain hiding most of my face. I turn and walk out. The guard looks me up and down finally  rolling his eyes "You know how to represent royalty don't you."

Well I sir am not royal.

I say nothing and he sighs and turns on his heels "Come on we are late."

I follow him silently as we walk out. We walk out side and a small carriage is waiting on us. He hurries me in and gets in behind me.

Not a moment later the carriage takes off.

I have never been in a fight. I have been hit, kicked, choked and everything else but I never reacted. I never dodged even. I just took it, fighting back is going to go against everything I have ever done.

I twirl my hair in between my fingers and chew on my bottom lip. How life changes so quickly makes me uncomfortable. This could be my last day on earth. I could very well take my last breath today. Not knowing the outcome is making my heart beat faster than it should with me sitting still.

Or maybe it's just me. Maybe my heart is beating at a normal pace. I am just freaking out. I can't tell honestly.

The carriage comes to a halt. I turn to the guard and he gets out. I follow him and look around as I step out. Many people line up trying to enter what looks like an arena.

****

Updates every Saturday!
Comment your thought and don't forget to vote!