Chapter 3

(Shaun Pictured)

"Wow, your skin healed fast," Shaun said.

"Right, boy said his mom showed him this. He wants to be a dermatologist when he goes to school." Danny said with a lot of excitement in his voice.he kept touching the area where his skin had broke. It honestly heals enough to the point where you wouldn't think he got cut at first glance.

"So, you appreciate what he did for you?" Shaun said.

"Well yeah. That boy is great..." Danny said with a grin on his face. Shaun looked at his friend closely. He was feeling the scar on his face, grinning, and speaking about Titus in a nice way.

Oh wow... I can't believe this, he thought. Shaun hoped that he was right about his best friend. He decided to see how things would play out. "What are you doing later tonight?" Shaun asked his friend. "Anything important?"

"Uh, just studying with Titus. Such a ducking drag, ya know?" Danny said, grinning again. He opened his locker and stuck his head in to find his books.

Shaun looked at his friend and sighed. "Boxing..." he uttered.

"SHIT!" Danny exclaimed. He was in such shock, he tried to raise his head in his locker, hitting his head on the top. He quickly got out of his locker and clutched his head. "Owwww...." Danny was so distracted, he didn't notice Titus walk up behind him. He began to rub Danny's Head.

"Awe, Baby D got a boo-boo?" Titus said laughing.

"Baby D? That nickname can go 2 ways, so watch how you use it..." Danny hissed.

"We still studying tonight, right?" Titus said with a smile. Him and Danny had been studying for about a week and a half and had gotten used to being around each other.

"Are your grades improving?" Danny asked. Even though he knew he couldn't, helping Titus pass Math was his top priority, no matter how much he knew he had to be at his event tonight. "Show me your most recent quiz."

"Here," Titus said. He he was getting restless waiting for his answer. Danny carefully looked at the grade and his work.

"Well, your work looks right, and it's a high C. I think we can pass on one study session. Let your mom know I have something else to do tonight since we were going to your place anyway," Danny said, handing back the quiz. As he got ready to go to his first class of the day, he picked up the books he dropped and flung them in his backpack. He tapped Shaun and they went to class together.

"You sure we don't need to study more?" Titus asked as they bolted down the hallway, and up the stairs.

"No, I'm hanging g with Shaun tonight!" He exclaimed as he turned another corner, disappearing.

Titus sold there, looking in the same spot where the boys disappeared. Titus had a sour feel omg brewing up inside him. He wasn't mad or sad. He just felt...left out. The mention of Danny and Shaun made him feel bad. If only he could pinpoint what it was that he was feeling toward the boys.

~

Titus sat in the classroom. He always was so proud of himself. He had 'friends', people looked up to him, he was captain of the basketball and football teams. He couldn't understand the feelings he was having. Danny had blew him off. He really expected them to study again tonight. The two boys grew really close in the 2 weeks they had been studying together. They both like video games, and Titus was open to watching anime, even though he's never watched it before. They both love sports, and Titus liked hanging out with Danny. He was so...real to him. He might have been the first person to be real with him since day one.

"TITUS!" The teacher yelled.

"What..." he said, still processing the feeling he had.

"Since you like to daydream, what is the ans-"

"X + 3, X - 3," he said.

"What?!"

"The answer. We are on question 42 of the packet, "Simplify The square root of x^2 - 9, no?"

"Uh...yes, that's right."

"Mmm..." Titus said.

Titus pretty much had the material down pact when it came to the old information. Plus it was only nearing the end of the first semester, and basketball season was around. But he had other things on his mind at the time rather than the usual impressing he rest of the school...

~

As the bell rang for the last class, Titus pulled his his hoodie over his head, letting his hair poke out near the front. He was looking for someone. He consciously walked over to Danny's locker, awaiting his arrival, but instead got Shaun.

"Yo, you looking for Danny?" Shaun said, grabbing his things out of his locker.

"Uh, yeah. Is he here?"

"Nah he left early." He finished packing his bag and slung it over his back. "See yah," he said, and was about to dip, until...

"Shaun, wait.." Titus said. Titus didn't want to know the outcome of his question , but he had to know. Shaun looked at Titus, awaiting his question. "Are you and Danny...like, a thing?"

Shaun was stunned at first, then began laughing at Titus. "YOOOO," he said, "THAT NEVER GETS OLD!"

"What the fuck is funny?" Titus said.

"I'm sorry," he said laughing, "You aren't the first person to as me or him that. We just call each other bestfriends cause we are, but dude...we're cousins."

"Oh, Titus said feeling kind of relieved but his face he flushed. "I should have known that..."

"Why do you ask?" Shaun said with the most serious face. He knew he was onto something, but he wanted these things to work out.

"No reason," he said, blushing, finger coiling some of his hair.

"Did you want to hang with him today?" Shaun asked.

"Yeah, but didn't he have something to do?"

"Yeah, he doesn't tell people much, but I don't think he'll mind if you show our face. I was supposed to be going anyway. You can ride with me."

"Really?"

"Yeah, stupid. Grab your shit and let's roll." Shaun said. Titus quickly grabbed his bag, and hauled after Shaun who was making his way out the building.