Chapter One

(A/N: Sorry, there are so many A/Ns, but I just wanted to say in case it wasn't clear from the desc, this is told from Lup's perspective. Also, its a lot of her questioning herself in this first chapter, I don't overload in narration, which is good to some people, but it wont be like that forever, promise. Okay, now read the story! XD)

The bodies of battle were a common thing for Lup. She saw them regularly, her job as a reaper somewhat requiring of that. That's not what upset her. What upset her was the fact that these people had been in battle. They had fought vigorously, and ruthlessly, and when Lup thought of that, she started to crave battle.

It had been 7 months since the day of Story and Song, and she'd only fought once since that time. And it was only training. The more Lup thought about this fact, the more anxious she got. She wanted a burning, blazing, destructive, annihilating battle. Lup decided she would get that. It was a dumb idea, yes, but if done correctly, she could burn off her adrenaline with nobody even knowing what happened.

Lup was back in the Bureau of Benevolence (I only got that because I'm listening to TAZ as I write lol), however she wasn't here for any pleasant visit. It was night time, which made her look bad, but she tried to convince herself that she was doing this only so she didnt go insane, and it wasn't like she was going to bring the whole world down. Lup made it to the door of Lucretia's office, avoiding the traps.

Lucretia had been a lot lighter on the subject of trust, and had removed a lot of the traps and such in case anyone needed to talk to her and she was in her office. The only one left was a little trip wire, that everyone she trusted knew about. Sort of ironic, if you think about it, Lup is one of the few that know about it, and shes the one breaking in.

No, Lup was not breaking in. That was a bad word for it. She was just... walking in quietly? Lup was really stretching her luck on not doing something bad. Lup was in the office now, crowded thoughts in her head, distracting her from what she was wanting to do. Things like 'Do it, and have all the power in the world!' and 'Don't! Just leave it be, you'll be in a fight soon!' or 'Just do what you came for and be done with it!'

Lup liked the latter. Lucretia was asleep in her office chair, and her staff was next to her. Lup eyed the staff before snatching it up, and walking out quietly, closing the door to how it was before. She would put the staff on the wall when she was done, and hope Lucretia just thought she forgot where she left it.

Lup was making her way off the 'moon', when Avi approached her. "Hey, Lup!" Avi said, and she tensed, her grip on the staff causing her knuckles to go white. Avi looked at the staff curiously. "Why do you have Mada- Lucretia's... staff?" Avi questioned, obviously still not used to Lucretia sharing her name with everyone.

"I, uh...Lucretia- I asked Lucretia if I could borrow it, for...something.." Lup said nervously, silently cursing herself out. Avi looked a bit suspicious, but he nodded. "Ok, just remember to bring it back. That thing is powerful as shit, so be careful." He said worriedly.

Lup nodded, and questioned if she should have done this, for the millionth time. By the time Lup decided she would be quick about it, she was already down and at a small field. Lup decided this would do, and tried to use the power of the staff to summon an enemy to battle.

The place was so...exact. If she had landed in any other field, or in any other forest, maybe the series of horrible events wouldn't have occured. The power of the Oculus was still in the Bulwark Staff, and Lup being so vague, the power latched onto someone else.

The next bit is written in past tense:

"The staff exploded in my hands, a light shooting upward...I flew back and my head hit a tree, but now I know what happened while I was knocked out. A cylindrical building was pulled out of the light...it was that damned place...with its black and white stripes, and so goddamn colorful..

...god why was I so stupid then?"

(Sorry its short compared to other people, I cant write for super long periods of time, and I figured this was a good place to end the chapter.)