Chapter 1: How Izuku Met Eren - Part One

Ever since the discovery of superhuman abilities known as quirks, society was forced to change the way it was run. Around the world, new laws came into effect, these laws prohibited the use of quirks for unprofessional practices, needless to say that these laws ended up being broken. People who used their quirks to break laws were given a title that was more common than the title of being a criminal, these people were known as villains. With the rise of villains, there had also been a rise in quirked vigilantes who would oppose the villains, later the government gave these vigilantes a title that was more common and more loved than the title of being a villain, these vigilantes were known as heroes.

                 For generations, heroes were the people who fought villains, and brought peace to the world, and in return for these good deeds, they were paid for every crime they stopped. Number rankings were given to the heroes who stopped the most crimes, and got paid the most money. Ranked heroes were famous and powerful heroes, but the most famous and most powerful hero of all was the hero that society would talk about most, he was known as All Might, and he was the symbol of peace and justice. All Might was the hero who society depended on most; his fights almost always ended in one punch, in addition to his smile, and his catchphrase, "I AM HERE!", people believed that as long as he was around, they were safe. As amazing as All Might is, this story isn't really about him, rather his successor, a plain looking, green haired kid named, Izuku Midoriya. 

                The story begins when Izuku was four, it had been a few weeks since his 4th birthday, and he couldn't wait for his quirk to finally manifest. Izuku had the uncommon dream of wanting to become a superhero, he was inspired by a video of the day that All Might had debuted; in that video All Might had saved hundreds and hundreds of people with a fearless smile on his face while he reassured everyone that it was okay because, "he was there". Izuku wanted to be a hero, not just any hero, but a hero who was strong, a hero who was smart, a hero who was fearless, he wanted to be a hero just like All Might. Since he was starting to get impatient with waiting for his quirk, Izuku had taken up a new hobby: analyzing heroes, and taking notes on them. It took a lot of time to write down these notes, but he figured it would be good research for when he was old enough to apply to U.A., a high school for super heroes in training. Graduating from U.A. was basically a guarantee to becoming a great hero; every top ranked hero, including All Might, had graduated from U.A., so that meant that once Izuku got his quirk, he would work harder than ever so he could one day be strong enough to go to U.A.

                  Many of his classmates from his kindergarten class mocked Izuku for believing that he could be a hero, everyone saw him as a pushover and a crybaby, and thought that a crybaby like him would never be a good hero. His only friend in the whole class, was a big cheeked, brown haired girl named Ochako Uraraka, and to be honest, he was perfectly fine with her being his only friend. Ochako was a kind hearted and fun loving girl, she always thought that it was cool how much time and effort he put into his hero notes, and she never once mocked Izuku's dream of becoming a hero. Izuku was grateful to have a friend like Ochako, and Ochako felt the same way about Izuku. Ochako believed that Izuku was the most kind hearted person she had ever met, he always tried to help others and defend people from bullies, even if they didn't really want his help. She found it inspiring that Izuku was so determined to be a hero just so he could help people, and keep people safe. To put it simply, Ochako thought Izuku was... amazing. She thought he was so amazing that he deserved his own nickname, so she called him "Deku", which was short for "Determined Izuku". Izuku had taken a liking to his nickname, it made him feel special, like he could do anything. Whenever Ochako and Izuku went to the park, they would pretend that they were superheroes, and that there hero names were "Deku and Uravity". Izuku was the one who came up with Ochako's hero name, it was based off her last name, and her quirk which was Zero Gravity: the ability to make anything she touches lose its gravitational pull.