Chapter 1 Savior

The gruesome yet beautiful hellish wolves surrounded you, their maka infused eyes glowing harshly in the still, dark night. You clutched your wounded shoulder, biting your lip and gripping the only dagger you had left. You were feeling dizzy from the lack of blood but you fought against the heaviness that tried to drag you down. You had gotten stranded in the middle of nowhere and the sun had quickly fallen, leaving you vulnerable to the wild hunters who were prowling for weak prey. You became that prey.

Your bike was now torn to pieces and you were completely out numbered. Make it count. One shot. Last stand. All of these clichéd "before I die" thoughts ran through your mind and you struggled to stand in the rightful attack position. If you were going to die, you were going to take out as many of those beasts you could. They growled in unison, sounding like thunderous roars. 

You kicked off, using the last of your energy as you sliced one after the other. As you raised your dagger to strike again, sharp claws raked across your torso. You didn't recognize the scream that was ripped from your throat. The earth disappeared beneath you and you fell to the blood soaked ground.

The night became eerily silent and the darkness crept into your already blurry vision. A pair of red orbs stared down at you as you lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke to the sound of rain. God, it was always raining. Letting out a small groan, you shifted, lifting yourself up. The make shift bed you were on was in a corner of a dark room. The only light source was from a broken window, where the moonlight struggled to pour in past the thin black curtains.

Attempting to stand, you gingerly placed your feet onto the cold floor. Pushing yourself off the bed, you almost instantly hit the floor. Hissing in pain, you withered around, holding your side. The sound of an old door opening caused you to stop.  You listened as heavy footsteps approached you. Then the same red orbs you had seen before, looked down at you. You took in his features. The man standing over you had long ebony hair and a red bandanna was just barely visible through his dark mane. He had a scarlet cape that was tattered and flowed out, nearly touching the ground. Then the eyes. The ruby red eyes that seemed to be lost in the past. Un-aged and tormented.

"You shouldn't push yourself," he stated in a calm deep voice. Before you could respond, you were gently picked up. Apparently not gently enough. "Uhg!" you winced. The mysterious stranger said a quick apology and set you back on the bed, which you now noticed was a pile of neatly stacked blankets and sheets. 

You leaned back, eyes closed and breathing labored; a thin veil of sweat outlining your (s/c) skin. You felt so helpless... Your eyes shot open and you stared at the stranger in red, almost instantly noticing that he now sat at the end of the make shift bed, his gaze focused on the stormy night shielded by the old window. 

"W-who-" your voice cracked. "Who are you?" The attempt of making your voice strong and intimidating failed miserably. The words came out in a half whisper, half cry, making you sound weak and small.

The man continued  his silent brooding and you began to wonder if he heard you or if he was just choosing to ignore you. After you gave up on expecting him to answer, his deep voice made you jump in surprise. 

"Vincent. Vincent Valentine." Again he became silent. Then he questioned in a bored tone. "And you?" You sat still, somehow wanting to hear more of his melodic voice. You had heard of him before from your friends at the 7th Heaven. When you caught a glimpse of his patient gaze, you gulped. "Uh...um the name's (y/n)," you stated weakly. The silence that followed became deafening and you fidgeted uncomfortably. "Hey...Vincent?" you asked nervously. He glanced over to you and "hm'ed", signaling for you to continue. "Are you...the one who...saved me?" you asked softly.

He gave a slight nod and turned to completely face you. " What were you doing out there?" his calm voice made you even more nervous. You slowly explained to him that your bike broke down and you had no signal to call for help from Tifa and the others. He was still and silent as he heard your explanation of the nights' events.

Once you finished, Vincent stood, stretching to his full height, towering over you and your seat on the make shift bed. "Where you goin'?" you asked in the middle of a small yawn. His red eyes seemed to sparkle with amusement as he offered you his hand. "Home," was all he said. You smiled softly and took his hand. You thanked him as he helped you to your feet. Much to your embarrassment, your feet didn't want to move on their own and you quickly began to fall to your knees. Vincent caught you then quickly situated you against his chest, one arm wrapped around your back, the other positioned under your knees. 

"S-sorry," you muttered out, your face now matching his crimson colors. You felt him sigh against you. "It's okay. Let's just get you home." You simply nodded and he pushed open the old wooden door, leading you into a dark musty hallway. Somewhere along the long journey through the endless maze of hallways, you felt your eyes grow heavy and you rested your head against Vincent's warm chest. Feeling you snuggle into his arms, Vincent glanced down at you curiously. 

He let a gentle smile played with his soft lips as he realized you were sound asleep. Traveling lightly down the basement steps, he entered another maze of underground tunnels. Remembering that you said that you worked with Tifa and the others, he started in that direction.

 (A/n) I am sooo sorry that I just now realized that I had put 'Tina' in there instead of Tifa. Hopefully, not a lot of people saw that....>////< Chapter 2 is coming shortly.