08

8 o'clock in the morning...

Yan Da slowly came into consciousness. She feels really comfortable and warm. It had been years since she felt this way. When her mother was still alive, she always held her in her arms while she sleeps.

Wait... warmth? Yan Da's eyes snapped open, realization dawning into her. Looking down, she saw Shi peacefully sleeping on her chest. His arms around her.

Yan Da's brow rose. Since when did he...? Gently, she tried to get out from his grasps. Feeling her move, Shi groaned in protest. "It's still early. Let's sleep some more."

Yan Da's eyes twitched. "Ying Kong Shi, since you're already awake. Let me go." She said, trying to dislodge him. Shi only tightened his hold on her though, meeting her irritated gaze.

"Why?" Shi asked coldly, hiding the hurt his feeling.

"I have an important meeting."

Shi frowned, letting her go. "It's Ka Suo isn't it?"

Yan Da smirked, getting up. "Yes."

She was about to get ready when Shi pulled her back into his arms. Making her sit on his lap.

"Ying. Kong. Shi!" Yan Da said, struggling. Shi tightened his hold on her, burrowing his face her shoulder.

"Please..." he said, making Yan Da stopped her movements. "I know that I can't stop you from marrying my brother but please... stop pushing me away. I know that I hurt you a lot of times. So, give me a chance to make it all up to you."

Yan Da didn't say anything, she just let him hold her for a while. When she felt his hold on her loosened, she quickly stood up and got ready. Ignoring his eyes on her.

When she was done, she stopped in front of him. Meeting his gaze. "I think it's best to stop this thing between us now. You're right. The marriage between Ka Suo and I can't be stopped. And most likely, the council will demand children sooner or later. So, before this thing gets deeper. Let's stop. You and I... it's not going to work out. There is no us to begin with."

Turning her back to him, she continued. "I expect you to be gone, when I get back in here later... brother-in-law." She then left the room.

When she's gone, Shi gasped. Letting the tears that he has been holding fall. His heart's totally crushed by her cold words. By and by, he clenched his fist fists. His eyes glinting in determination.

I won't easily give up on you, Yan Da.

Outside...

Yan Da smirked, sadistically.

Make it up to me huh? Ying Kong Shi, let's see how long will you be able to take the pain. Prove yourself to me.

She then moved forward going to castle's biggest balcony. She after all promised to have breakfast with Xiao Yu in there.

Reaching the balcony, she smiled in amusement and surprise.

"Ka Suo, I didn't know that you are that flexible." She stated, announcing her presence to the duo who were happily playing the game bend.

The ice prince quickly stood up, avoiding her gaze in embarrassment. While the boy quickly launched himself at Yan Da when he saw her.

"Princess Yan Da!" the boy exclaimed happily.

Yan Da laughed, kissing the boy on the forehead. "Good Morning Xiao Yu. Did you have a good sleep?"

The boy nodded eagerly. "I even had a great dream. There was this dragon..."

Yan Da smiled, enjoying the boy's story. Ka Suo watched them with a smile on his face. There's no denying that the fire princess will be a great mother someday.

Suddenly, the boy's stomach grumbled making the fire princess laugh and Xiao Yu stop talking.

"How about you continue your story while we eat?" the fire princess said, pulling the boy towards the prepared table.

Facing the Ice Prince, Yan Da stated. "You'll join us, won't you?"

Ka Suo nodded," Of course."

The trio then sat down and beganeating. The people who saw them couldn't help but stop and looked at them. Theylooked like a real family. Happily spending their time together.

 Among the crowd,three hearts are being torn apart.