Chapter 2

Dedicated to heartywords and EnjeckCleo

Good news came from the battle front, on the night of the full moon, the boar army had managed to wipe out the enemy soldiers who had been lurking around the border so naturally the capital was in a festive mood, the soldiers were called back home, the people were rejoicing and the emperor rewarded so many.

"Defense minister we are pleased with you. This time you have proved yourself a worthy choice again. Reward a chest of gold"

Defense minister bowed without saying a word. He felt the victory had come too easy and that a heavier repercussion was on its way sooner than expected. "Your..your Majesty" he was a bit anxious and didn't know how to state it without being misunderstood.

The emperor thought he wanted to request something and felt a bit scared. After all, he was not slack on his subjects "do not worry defense minister. Speak freely and we will grant your requests" he quickly urged.

"Your Majesty's grace is boundless" defense minister lowered his voice. "This subject thinks it would be better to not call the soldiers home immediately. Why not let them stay a few days more to patrol the areas?"

His tone grew quieter noticing how the emperor's look grew colder. "So defense minister is wiser than we are?" He stood up and patted the defense minister who fell to the ground his knees shaking.

"This subject servant does not dare your Majesty. It is only a suggestion. This subject servant was stupid for a while, your majesty please extend mercy" large beads of perspiration rolled down his back and neck as he did not dare lift his head to look at the superior one.

"Your Majesty" a eunuch barged in and fell on the floor trembling from head to toe. He lifted his hands above his head, a black chest which the main eunuch by the emperor's side moved and collected.

When he opened it front of the emperor, he was so terrified that he dropped the chest and fell on the floor beside the defense minister. "This servant begging your Majesty to serve punishment"

The emperor stared at the bloodied organs severed from their owners and wondered how painful it must have been for their owners and how the owners would feel, if they survived suddenly becoming eunuchs.

Bile rose to his throat and he felt like vomiting. Who would have thought this would happen? "Who gave this to you?" He questioned the small eunuch who was still trembling on the floor.

He thought it was his good will to be moved to Ku Han palace as he knew how generous the emperor was but who would have thought it would be his fate to deliver severed male private parts to the emperor on his first day?

"In response to your Majesty, an injured soldier was tied to a horse and the chest with him. He passed out in front of the palace gates emphasizing he had to bring this to you and a letter" he dug into his robes and produced the bloodied letter.

"Eunuch Fao" the main eunuch did not need any more calling and quickly collected it from the small eunuch on the floor, wiped it gently and handed it to the emperor.

"Summon everyone to court and bring the chest" the defense minister only heard that and the heavy sound of the emperor's feet's marching to the courtroom.

He followed him and not later than five minutes, the ministers and commissioners were arriving in troops, some adjusting some part of their clothes which they wore in a rush.

Reaching the throne, he threw down the chests and the men looked away as the shrivelled genitals fell. "What can you say to this?" The emperor roared and they all bowed down, no one dared to utter a word.

"Stand up all of you. If you don't provide a suggestions, nine generations execution*" the emperor was also on his feet and the men knew more than to remain bending.

"Your Majesty, please consider a diplomatic marriage" yet again, the defense minister voiced out and the other ministers followed suit in chanting "please consider a diplomatic marriage your Majesty"

"Then who do you suggest we send over Hua?" The emperor had a mocking tone.

The ministers were silent. They all had the same thoughts but no one had the guts to voice it out.

"The Princess Xu Wei"

A loud announcement from the closed doors came and everyone's attention turned to the door as her figure walked in.

Dressed in blood red, the color a contrast to her pale white skin. Her lips were also colored red, she drew a fine red line on her eyelids and from afar, one would think she was a goddess who had descended from the heavens.

"Imperial Father, please forgive daughter for barging in disrespectfully" Princess Xu Wei made a move to kneel and the emperor quickly stopped her "Wei, emperor father is not angry at you. Someone help princess Wei up" he was only an inch from helping her up himself. Everyone knew, if princess Wei had been a prince then the throne would have been hers truly but even though she was a princess, the emperor still doted on her.

"Emperor father, daughter has heard the news and is willing to offer herself in for the diplomatic marriage. Emperor father please consider" she ignored the maid's help and knelt to the floor.

Breathing a sigh of relief, the other ministers bowed as well.

"Your Majesty, please consider"

The noise was too loud for him and his ears were hurting. "Silence, everyone leave me with Wei"

Naturally waiting for a reason, the ministers almost raced themselves to the door. When the room was silent, he looked at his daughter in a questioning manner "Wei, tell Father why you are doing this. Father will solve everything for you"

To this daughter of his, the emperor held a lot of affection. He had been unable to shower those affection on her mother and so he would shower them on her.