Harry carefully approached the shocked mother wanting to comfort her though he knew his friend needed him more first.

"I'll talk to her." Harry said. She could only nod.

"Thank you, Harry." She looked at the child as if he was her only hope.

The boy immediately run outside to follow his friend. While, the two parents waited helplessly inside the house worrying about their child.

"I don't understand, Ben. It hurts to think that I, a mother can't even comfort her own child." Cristine cried. Ben slipped his arms towards her waist comforting his wife.

"Where did I go wrong?" She asked.

"We always knew that this was going to be a sacrifice we had to make to provide the best for our baby." He softly said.

"I just hope Harry can do a better job to comfort our baby than we did." She whispered returning his embrace.

"He'll do a great job. But if he tries to anything too comforting......." Ben said receiving a smack on the head from his wife.

"Stop being an idiot. They're still both children." She scolded. The man chuckled.

"Now here's the violent wife I've come to know and love." His eyes twinkled in mirth.

"Hey!"

(~∆~)

Rain began to pour down the Riverside Forest. Harry continued to chase Hermione through the woodsy paths. The girl couldn't have pick a worst place to hideaway from her parents. Water begun to rise up from the river making the paths more wet and slippery.

The girl was mildly aware of the boy following her. But she wanted to be left alone. So she continued to run away also from her friend. Harry had been chasing her for half an hour. Fortunately, he was able to catch up with his fast friend and grabbed her hand.

They paused as they both stared into each others eyes. Harry used this opportunity to force his thoughts to Hermione.

Hermione could see the worry and hurt it did to Harry watching her cry. He thought of how he understood what she feels and knows how important Nanny Gracie was to her reminding her how she was important to him too.

All of his thoughts help end the spiralling turmoil clouding her mind. She cried as she threw herself in her friends arms.

"She left."

Thunder begun to erupt and the rain poured harder from the sky but both of them remained in each other's embrace.

For so long, Hermione has kept to herself the disappointment and remorse she felt with her parents not being a constant part of her life. She thought that since she had her Nanny Gracie that all would be fine. It would be okay for her parents not to be there. But now that her nanny was gone. All the loneliness and remorse she kept throughout all the years came rushing back to her. She cried.

Harry slowly stroke her untamable curls and lend his friend his shoulder to cry on. With every thought of sadness of his friend, he countered with thoughts of love and joy he felt for having her in his life.

"Shhh. I'm here. I'm never going to leave you."

(•°-°•)

Days later........

Things were finally finding itself into new order in the Granger family. With Nanny Gracie being gone, Cristine and Ben decided to bring the two children to London to their work. The Grangers owned their own private clinic in a building where they also owned an apartment, where they stayed during the weekends when their schedule was usually jam packed.

Cristine and Ben both trusted the kids enough to let them roam in the building alone. They knew that both were smart enough to know not to go to anywhere dangerous. So the two children decided to explore the whole building.

That was how the two of them found themselves at the building's greenhouse garden on the rooftop, where they laid beside the bed of flowers. With nothing new to discover in the building after exploring every spot and turn for several days, the two children then decided to practice out their newly acquired trick.

The two children discovered that they could block out each other from their thoughts but can never truly completely turn off their ability to read each other's mind. One just had to think of jumbled random thoughts to block the other out from their minds. Although, if the other persist they would sooner or later still find out what thoughts the other was keeping.

Distance was also a factor they tested. The further they were from each other the more each other's thoughts turn quieter, though with concentration they could still be able to clearly hear what the other was thinking. Distance, however, did not weigh on their mental telepathy. They could still talk loud and clear to each other no matter the distance even if one person was on the ground floor and the other on the highest floor.

After some of their experiment, Harry and Hermione soon decided to take a break although their special trick didn't really required them to spent any of their energy, walking for over three hours around the building did. The two children both laid once again beside the beds of flowers watching the clouds and talking about random things.

'What's your favorite color?' Harry asked. Not a second past before the girl answered with no hesitation.

"Green."

She blushed trying to blocked her thoughts. This made Harry more curious to why she would be hiding her thoughts with her innocent answer.

After waiting for her to get tired trying to block him out from her thoughts, Harry soon found the reason why his friend liked the color.

It was his eyes.

They were like jewels under the sun. Too many times has she found herself getting lost under his sparkling gaze.

'What's yours?' Hermione asked trying to turn back his own question to him.

"Brown." He answered without hesitation.

Harry showed that they shared similar reason as to why he was fond of such color. Hermione's eyes was Harry's favorite shade of brown. Often does he find himself wanting to gaze at the warm chocolate brown forever.

She blushed.

The little boy also thought her blush made her more adorable too making the girl blush harder. He laughed. Harry loved the way how different expression would find its way changing every minute in his friend's pretty face. Sometimes he wouldn't even need their mental telepathy to know what Hermione was thinking.

Harry's laughter gave butterflies in her stomach. The good kind that would manage to bring a smile on her face and make her laugh along with him. Seeing Harry happy made her happy.

Both children continued to lay beside the bed of flowers gazing at each other's eyes sharing millions of things they loved about each other and every random passing thoughts.

It was a perfect day.