Chapter 1

He whispered softly under his breath,
"Perfect,"
He tapped his fingers on the small mahogany desk, a deep chuckle rumbling in his throat.
"Come here son, I found us a feast."

5 hours earlier

"Melody!" The teacher snapped his ruler smacking the large table.
Startled the pupil shouted "huh, what?!" Broken out of her day dream the entire class laughed at her, with all the embarrassment she wished she could just disappear magically.
"Now answer this question please young lady." The teachers stern eyes bored holes into her head.
"Ummm... 1270 is that the answer?"
Various snickers sounded from around Melody  and her cheeks flushed a violent red.
"No, it's 100089" His voice dripping with disappointment.
Looking up at the clock she sighed a deep breath, realising that in about 5 minutes class will be over and home time will ensue.
"Now Bria-"
Briiiinggg!!
Right on time! Melody wasted no time in collecting her math book and her small yellow pencil before rushing out and waiting lonely for the bus to arrive.
On the old rickety public bus Melody sat next to a man in his mid thirties with dark blonde hair and dark almost black ,brown eyes.
Noticing that Melody sat next to him he cocked his head to the side inquisitively.
"What's your name?" He asked.
That's a weird thing to ask Melody thought for a second, deciding to give him a fake name.
"Mamomi." he frowned,disappointingly his dark brown eyes staring, right through her.
"Lying is bad young lady." Melody jumped back, her black hair flowing out from behind her how did he know I was lying? Is he a murderer-a stalker??. Being creeped out she turned around for a split second, feeling something small enter her jeans back pocket, alarmed she asked the bus driver to stop. He pulled over and Melody hopped off onto the green grass waiting for the bus to leave her site before she, herself would move. Looking back at the bus the old mans eyes looked sinister and a crooked smile grew on his face. He mouthed some words behind the pieces of glass before being driven off with a wave of mystery trailing behind him. Feeling sick Melodys eyes scanned her surroundings realising she wasn't too far from her house. Her feet rythmicly padded on the side walk before arriving at her all to familiar house.
Unlocking the door she stumbled inside, her heart thumping against its cage of ribs. She sighed lightly before sitting down and laying against the door. Melodys green eyes slightly rose as she felt the same weird feeling in her back pocket.
She reached in and pulled out a crumpled old piece of paper.
Melody read it out loud,
"I have a business proposal for you, Melody
Contact for more information "
He knew my real name? Who is that man really?
she skimmed over the number and contemplated for a while before risking it, she shakily took out her phone and texted the stranger.
Melody asked a simple word, hi.
The man in his thirties responded almost immediately with, "so, I'm guessing you wanna know about that job proposal?"