I arrived at Devyn’s fifteen minutes later, she was currently saying her goodbyes to Sean.  She looked so happy, she had the biggest smile on her face.  I could remember when I was that happy once, I always had a big smile when I was with Nick.  He might have cheated on me possibly not by choice, but he definitely knew how to put the biggest smile on my face whenever I needed it.  This weekend turned into one of the most ridiculous weekends ever in my life.  I was going to make a phone call to Nick, maybe even sneak over tonight.  I just needed someone to listen and not say anything to me.  When Devyn came running over to me she threw her arms around my shoulders letting out a sigh of relief.  “Kadence I am so sorry about what happened, I should have never even said anything to you in the bathroom.  Sean feels likes the biggest asshole ever for even trying to distract the prick of a boyfriend you have.”

“Devyn it really is ok.  I was the one that said we should go to the bathroom.  Sean did the right thing so it is ok.  But there is something I do need you to do.  Please make sure you and Sean don’t say a single word to anyone about what happened.” 

“Kadence are you crazy!  Please tell me you are going to the cops?  This guy is crazy, maybe not even far from landing his ass in a psycho hospital.”

“Devyn, stop, he is very capable of doing crazy stuff.  If you open your mouth he will come after you and I just can’t let that happen.   So please just make sure that you and Sean just don’t say anything ok?”

“Alright, fine I won’t.  But I swear Kadence if you have as so much as one more bruise on you, I swear I will go to the cops!”

“Damn it Devyn NO!”  She backed up a little, Devyn didn’t like it when I got mad.  I didn’t even like it when I got that mad, but I was serious about this.  “You can’t do that!  Just listen to me about this ok?  I will get out of this situation eventually but I want to get out of it without my friends getting hurt!”

“Ok.  I won’t say anything, but I mean it Kadence don’t let this go too far where he eventually kills you.”

“Ok I won’t, now can we go inside and discuss this weekend.  I don’t have very much time.”  Devyn nodded in agreement as we walked to the front door.  As always her mom greeted me with open arms for a hug.  She was such a nice woman, I loved her like one of the family.  We grabbed a soda from the fridge and made our way upstairs to her room.  I had so much to understand about what had happened in the bathroom in such little time.  I knew Nate would have his friends drive around to make sure I was at home.  It was starting to turn into a nightly routine.  I sat on her bed taking a sip of my coke.  “Devyn, how did we end up staying at a hotel?  How did you even make our parents believe all of this?  Everything started to come back to me in the shower earlier.  Did I say something to upset Nate, he didn’t say a single word to me on the way home?”  I couldn’t tell her what he had done in the truck because she would have flipped out. 

“Kadence, relax, Nate had told us about it the day you came up with the bright idea.  You had already told your parents that it was me and you so I told my mom the same thing except you were driving.  I had Sean pick me up around the corner so she wouldn’t see that it wasn’t your car.  As for the hotel, Nate forced us to stay in a hotel.  He refused to take you the hospital.  Sean and Nate got into a huge argument again out in the parking lot because Sean thought he was being ridiculous.  The reason why he is mad could be the fact he got an idea in his head that we took Sean away from him.  He was ready to hit you again, but Sean stopped him.  So we did as he said and got hotel rooms.  On the way there I couldn’t stop crying, I was so worried about you, Sean was even afraid for you.”