'Morning!' Landon chirped happily, smiling at the bus driver and heading off to his usual seat next to his older cousin, one of the jocks. While Lewis scanned the bus for his 'friend', Simon. Eventually spotting the boy at the back of the bus, he smiled and waved, heading off to go sit with him. While I just looked for an empty seat, finding one quickly, and sitting down.

The ride to school was always eventful on the school bus, there were arguments, make-out sessions, break-ups, and make-ups. So, when the school bus eventually arrived at the school, everyone was desperate to get off, and either go into the building to learn, or hang around outside waiting for their friends, or in my case, dart off the bus and run as far as I could away from the jocks that rode the same bus.

Filing off the bus, people scattered, some heading inside, others hanging around, and I booked it for the science building, determined not to get caught by my ex-boyfriend, or his friends. As I reached the doors to the building, I heard someone call my name, and instantly recognised the voice. Lachlan Power. My ex-boyfriend, head of the baseball team, and the most popular 11th grade jock in the school. Without a second thought, I swung the doors to the science building open, darting inside, and hoping that he didn't follow me. That wouldn't be the best way to start the day, getting chased by your ex, and his friends, because they feel like it. No, that wouldn't be good.

But, thankfully, I managed to dart into my homeroom class, before anyone could catch up to me. The teacher, Mr. Isles was sitting at his desk, marking some papers, probably from his last class yesterday.

'Good morning, Vik!' Mr. Isles said, glancing up at me, as I took my seat at the front of the class. 'Anyone giving you any bother?' he continued, putting his pen down and turning his attention to me completely. I gave a little shake of the head, trying not to let anything slip.

'I'm fine Mr. Isles, how are you this morning?' I asked, slinging my bag onto the desk, and starting to pull out my stuff for first class, which I had with Mr. Isles, straight after homeroom.

'I'm good, Vik.' And with that Mr. Isles turned his attention back to his work, which was sprawled out on the desk in front of him.

As I waited for the bell to go for homeroom, I started to doodle on notebook, letting my mind wander. I guess I had a lot on my mind currently, letting out a little sigh, I began to let my mind drift to the events of the past year, or so. I had been so happy back then, but that was before the break-up, and then the bullying. That was a simpler time, a time before I knew what heartache was, before I knew what it was like to be lonely.

'Lachlan! Put me down!' I giggled out, clinging onto my boyfriend for dear life, as he hauled me off the ground, and carried me over to the pool. We were having a pool party at Preston's house, and of course, Lachlan had been trying to get me into the water all afternoon. 'Don't you dare!' I let out a little whimper, as he dropped me into the water with a splash.

'Lachy! You're a little jag!' came Preston's voice, only becoming clearer once I resurfaced. I let out a little cough, and before long I was swimming over to the edge of the pool.

Jerome and Mitch, two of the jocks of the baseball and basketball teams, were currently in the water, causing all sorts of trouble. And Rob, another of the jocks, was trying to separate the two, before they caused some serious harm to each other. But the whole time they were laughing. And soon, they spotted me in the water, waving me over, but I gave a little shake off the head, trying to get out of the water. But they managed to reach me before I had reached the steps of the pool.

'Don't think you're getting away that easily!' I heard Jerome let out, giving a chuckle, as he gently grabbed my waist, trying to be gentle, so that Lachlan wouldn't beat him up after. With a little tug, I was pulled backwards, and splashed right back into the pool, yelping a little in surprise. 'Come on dude! Lighten up! Have a little fun!' Mitch said, letting out a little chuckle, before glancing over to the side of the pool, where Lachlan was sitting, giving a little giggle as he watched the pool antics.