Old Friends and New Answers

Start from the beginning

I knew better than to struggle. If I did, there was a high chance of me dropping and falling into the sea below us. By the time we reached our destination I was happy to be back on land.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Natasha wants answers. And quite frankly, so do I."

Where were we? A small house surrounded by a white picket fence was the only thing around besides grass and trees.

"Oh, and Nick Fury wishes to speak to you as well." he smirked.

"What the hell Stark? I can't even go out to get some food without you showing up!" I groaned, more than just a little annoyed.

He shook his head, laughing. My eyes narrowed as he grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the house. Inside, all the Avengers, not including Thor, were sitting or standing in the living room. Beside them stood Nick Fury.

"Well, now that I was so rudely interrupted from my walk by Stark. What do you want?" I questioned.

"Answers," Hawkeye stated.

Before any more could be said, two young children ran down the stairs and into the room laughing. I had to smile as they chased each other around the room. Soon, they ran out the front door, still laughing and screaming.

"Don't go too far!" Hawkeye shouted after them.

The entire situation made me let out a small giggle.

"When you joined HYDRA, why didn't you try to leave?" Fury asked immediately.

"For one, I didn't join. I was kidnapped. Also, I did try at first. That is, until they told me that SHIELD was responsible for my parent's death. If I'm being honest, I believed it fully at first and was driven into the experiment by blind rage. Now, I'm not so sure. I thought that as soon as I managed to get out of the HYDRA base, I'd find answers for myself. Of course, then you all had to show up. So, the twins and I fought you, Wanda messed with Stark's head, and we escaped." I stated.

"Why didn't you come afterwards then? The pieces of your story don't add up Ms. Brenton." Fury responded.

"Two reasons. One, I thought that since the avengers had just fought they would probably try to kill me if I showed up. And two, I didn't want to leave my friends if im being honest. It was a stupid thing to do. Get attached I mean. I wished to stick with them and when Ultron showed up and offered us a job, we agreed."

"Why?" Clint asked.

"Their reason is because they hate Stark-"

"Hey!" Tony pouted.

The avengers laughed for a moment before I spoke again.