Chapter 10

Word count- 605 words

Enjoy~

Your POV

I released my grip from Johnny to grab his hand and walk him to the living room; It was the perfect night for Ashley to have gone to a friends.

"I'm so sorry I didn't figure it out sooner," I said, tears starting to spill from my eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. I thought I made that clear," He said, putting an arm around me.

"But it's my fault."

"But how could you have known?"

I turned to look at him, into his brown eyes that sparkled in the dim lit room. I loved his eyes, maybe it was because I loved him...

Woah. I just... wish.

"I..."

"See, and that's why you don't need to feel sorry."

I blushed a bit. "Johnny..."

"Yes, (y/n)?"

I took a deep breath but my voice still quivered a bit. "I really want you to visit again. I want you in my life, honestly. I just don't want to be the reason you have to be away from your life—heck, you've probably been gone for almost a day already..."

He stayed silent for a moment but he grabbed my hands. "Hey, I can still visit. It would just have to be for a short period of time and every once in a while."

"But it would have to be really short, and then what if I was busy, or you were busy and suddenly you got sucked away by a magical portal!"

"But—"

"Or what if someone finds out, from here at least: breaking news 'Sing character alive?' Think of that on the news."

"(Y/n)—"

"Or if you get stuck her again or—"

"(y/n!)." He said, stopping my rambling. "We can make this work, somehow, but we will."

My heart wants to say yes, so I can still see him, be with him... but my head says no. I can't let him. I don't want to take him away from his whole life.

"I'm really sorry but I don't think this can work. I want it to, but I think it would be better if you stayed back. I'm so sorry, Johnny." Tears rolled down my face. I felt my heart breaking. Why is it that I lost the two people I loved most: my mom, and now Johnny.

I didn't know that Johnny's heart was breaking too. That he felt the same way about me, and that he wanted us to be together just as much as I wanted. But what I didn't know was that he thought that I didn't want him to visit because he thought that I didn't feel the same, and not that I just wanted the next for him.

Johnny looked at me, and it only made the feeling so much worse. "(Y/n)," He said quietly, brushing a lock of my (h/c) hair out of my face.

"I'm so sorry."

He hugged me tightly. "As much as I want to visit you, you're probably right."

He let go and stood up as soon as I stopped crying.
"It was nice meeting you, (y/n)," He said. "I'll never forget you."

"I'll never forget you either," I said, feeling more tears threatening to spill.

I wish Johnny to go home, I thought with some trouble.

"I love you Johnny," I said as the light disappeared.  I slowly walked back to my room and collapsed on the floor. I cried for hours. I finally found someone to love, and now they were gone. I didn't even get tell them how much I cared for them... just like when I was little with my mom.