A U T U M N

Renjun hates Autumn, but he loves it as well, and that's all Chenle's fault.

...

Renjun has never been too fond of Autumn; it's naked trees and sour winds. It makes him sad seeing summer just wither away like that, leaving like it never was there to begin with, leaving few traces of existence. "The birth of Autumn, is death of summer" he often says when the days becomes shorter and when the trees start acting like fireworks; erupting into bright, warm colours only to disappear so suddenly. It's the season when his thoughts begin to wander and his insecurities start pressing down on his shoulders, it leaves him feeling melancholic and he doesn't like that feeling.

He loves Autumn as well though, as strange as it sounds. The season may be colder, and maybe he feels sadder the days when he's alone, but it's also the season he receives more reassurance and "I love you's" along with warm hugs and cups of cocoa. The external temperature may be dropping, but the internal warmth that spreads through his body whenever small fingers intertwine with his own makes up for it.

"I'll keep you warm" says Chenle the days the weather is too cold for Renjun. He wraps his arms around the boy who's only a few centimetres taller than himself and presses his face into his neck, his nose breathing warm air against cold skin. He doesn't say anything, but he doesn't have to because the action does always make Renjun laugh heartily and snuggle down into the warmth that is Chenle.

It's safe to say that Renjun loves Autumn simply because Chenle loves Autumn. When the trees burst with colours, Chenle beams with glee, and Renjun's favourite thing in the whole wide world is seeing Chenle smile. As if he is a small child he'll run around and throw leaves up into the air, coaxing Renjun into joining him until they both lay on the ground, out of breath from all the running.

On rainy days they spend their time inside the dorm instead, huddling together under a blanket on the couch with cups of cocoa as some kind of movie plays on the TV.

Renjun steal long, loving glances when Chenle's eyes follow the movements on the screen, his heart fluttering in his chest whenever his eyes crinkle in delight. Renjun doesn't know, but whenever his own eyes are trained on the screen, Chenle does the exact same thing.

Autumn may be colder, and maybe Renjun feels sadder the days when he's alone, but the days he spends with Chenle by his side always makes up for it.

...

Been a while since I last updated and for that I'm so sorry! I graduated highschool and I'm currently trying to find a job for this gap year that I decided to take.
I received some requests as well and I'm so sorry for taking so much time, I will get to it!