Definitely Unexpected | Bucky

Summary: Ever since you could remember, you and Bucky have been friends

Summary: Ever since you could remember, you and Bucky have been friends. When you heard he was leaving to go fight the war, it burned a hole in you. But one night, something definitely unexpected happened when someone showed up at your door.

Warnings: mainly fluff, cheesy shit, Bucky being cute

Word Count: 2,036 (whoops)

A/N: Okay, so I was thinking about a movie I adore called The Holiday and I was picturing a scene in it. So, yes, the title is the name of the scene with Jude Law and Cameron Diaz. If you've watched the movie, you'll get what I mean by this and I totally recommend you watch it cause it's an amazing movie. Anyways, enjoy.

-

The paper boys around every corner of Brooklyn didn't help with your fear as they were shouting the header of the war that was going on, saying 100 planes crash in battle over a convoy in Channel ; fight off Italy indecisive! $4,848,171,957 more is by Roosevelt for defense; not to send men to Europe!

As a woman like yourself, you couldn't just go and sign up. The only big reason you were fearful of these Nazis and Soviets taking over almost all of Europe and gaining power, was because none other than your closest friends were heading into the war, but James was shipping of to England and that was far from Brooklyn and it pained you to hear that and feared that he will never come back.

You and James were friends since birth and then you met Steve later on who you didn't get too along with since you were the little girl who liked to rip her dress and skid her knees from climbing and doing activities that most girls wouldn't do. He was the one to watch in the back and always be hesitant of doing something like taking a big jump. You couldn't be the one to have tea parties and doing each others hair. You wanted to roll up your sleeves and pant legs and hunt frogs and stealing pennies from the streets and rush in candy shops and buy as much as your sweet tooth ached for till your pockets were empty of cash and full of delicious chocolates, Babe Ruth's, Tempters, and Abba-Zabas.

Now those days were only a memory as James was signed up in the army, Steve trying to enlist, but the poor guy was too thin and underweight to even pass and get listed, even though he wanted to help fight in the war but can't. And as for you, you were a woman and couldn't just get up and try to fight along with your friends due to the feminism in this time, men just telling you to go back home and cook dinner like a 'good girl'. It irritated you whenever you heard that, yet it led to your job that also makes your life even worse.

You worked at a small diner not too far from your apartment. Although, you get paid a lot and you were thankful for that, but the people's behaviour towards you is one you hate the most everyday that makes you really want to quit your job, but you needed money to stay in your tiny apartment and survive till this god awful war was over. You felt men stare at you as if they were removing your clothes with their eyes, having names called to you that made your blood boil. The white skirt and shirt with the black apron you wore for your job was thrown off you once you reached back home after long hours of being in the diner, snuggling into some more comfortable clothes like a pair of nice pants and a loose shirt and catch up reading your book or perhaps finish a painting you were working on. Thank god for Steve teaching you his incredible art skills.