Part 8- She's Back

Recap: Miranda is Alexander's ex-girlfriend and half of this chapter will explain more about what they used to have.

------------------------------------------

As soon as we got to our seat in the restaurant I saw her. Long black hair, thick full ruby lips, red eyes, and pale skin. No doubt about it, it was Miranda. This has to be a setup, there's no way Alexander would take me here with her being in the room. Luckily she didn't see us, but I knew she would. Vampires can smell a human from far away. I shivered not trying to direct Alexander's gaze over to her. She's beautiful, and I wonder why he broke up with her and chose me. Like clockwork the waitress came and took our orders and surprisingly everything on the menu wasn't blood or humans. I smiled thinking how I can get use to this. Alexander wouldn't take his eyes off of me and that made me pretty uncomfortable, especially when his eyes would turn from green to pure red then back to green. "Um..." I mumbled finally breaking the silence. He knew I was getting uncomfortable and he sighed, "Sorry not that much of a talker."

That's because you're much of a yeller my conscious rang about. Alexander frowned as I apologized while laughing. For once we could have a nice peaceful dinner without him catching an attitude. We chatted for about fifth teen minutes before our food came. I ordered the lobster while Alexander ordered the steak. The waitress brought out so many side dishes I stopped counting when it got to nine. It was a lot of food for us but they probably did that because Alexander is the Prince. I guess royalty does pay off I thought as I dipped my lobster meat in butter and popped it in my mouth.

It wasn't long before our meal I spotted Miranda looking toward our direction. She smirked as she licked her lips in a sinister way when our eyes locked. I tried not to shake but I couldn't help it. Alexander took notice to this and asked if I was okay and I nodded my head in a up and down motion. He didn't even glance her way but he knew she was there. "What happened between you two?" I placed my glass of water down on the coaster in front of me. He was quiet and his eyes were turning a ruby red which could only mean one thing, anger. "Forget I said that, so how was your steak?" I quickly added trying to change the subject. I did not want him to go psycho Alexander in front of his people. He stayed quiet the whole time and I regret ever asking him. "Um, I'm going to the bathroom." I placed my napkin on top of the table and quickly walked to the bathroom not even looking behind me.

I went into the bathroom and turned the knob, as cold water flowed from the faucet. I held my hand together as the cold water took over them. I cupped my hands and splashed it over my face, not caring if I ruined my makeup. I grabbed a towel to my left and wiped my face lightly. Okay, maybe I did care. When I got finished, I lift my head up to only get pushed back down. The person had a tight grip on my hair, cutting into my scalp. The mysterious person then proceeded to turn the faucet on releasing the cold water once again. "I told you, watch your back" she snarled in disgust. If I could have opened my eyes I would have. It was the one person that hated me for coming here, Miranda. She pushed my head farther down in the sink as the water was up to my ears. My breathing was shorter and my body became numb. Why does everybody want to kill me? "Die, princess" I heard her say until I couldn't hear no more.

Somehow, I'm alive. I opened my eyes to find myself in the woods. Miranda must have thought she killed me and threw me out here. "Oh when I become a Vampire I'm kicking her ass." Wait; did I really just say that? I had trouble standing up but eventually I got the hang of it. I have no idea where I'm going and on top of that my body was sore-especially my neck. I wobbled my way out the woods, resting on trees as I went. I looked around as my eyes began getting heavy. A figured appeared in front of me, "Alexander" I whispered softly as I collapsed. I awoke due to a warm touch on my skin. My eyes sprung opened and I gasped. This wasn't Alexander at all... "The princess is awake at last?" her words felt like sharp daggers breaking through my skin. Her eyes, pure red like Alexander's looked at me in despite. "I'm the princess. He picked me!" She stuck her fangs into my bare skin causing me to scream out in pain. I could feel my body go numb. I struggled to get out of her grip but as my body became weaker, I stopped fighting. "It's all because of you that he lost feelings for me. What does he even see in a human!?" she screamed as tears sprung out her eyes. She stuck her fangs in my bare neck once again and injected poison. My body caught on fire and my breathing started getting shorter and shorter.