✖ kissing strangers in streets • luke hemmings ✖

"Fuck!" I shouted. The wind making my flame blow out every time it barely touched the tip of my cigarette.

     I cursed a few more times before turning around, by body facing the brick wall of the shitty convenience store on the wrong side of downtown New York.

     It was one in the morning, and here I was scrounging for a bit of relief from my endless stress. I've been up for almost 24 hours studying my ass of for a forensics final I have tomorrow.

      Now it seems I'm not gonna get a wink of sleep. The wind blew through my hair and I growled in annoyance. This situation only making my stress grow instead of lighten.

    "Uhm...need some help? I'm a wonderful wind blocker." I heard a deep voice ask. He had an accent. Australian I think.

     I glanced to my right to see a boy there, he was tall. About an entire foot taller then me, not that it was difficult to accomplish since I was barely 5 feet.

     He moved closer to me and I got a better look at his face. He was quite beautiful. He had bright blue eyes and a black lip ring.

     "Uh. Sure. Thanks." I replied awkwardly and he moved to stand right beside me, cupping his hands around my cigarette so I could light it.

     Once it was lit I put my lighter in the back pocket of my jeans and took a long drag before looking up at him.

    "You're a life savor." I said and he laughed a bit, his eyes squinting and a dimple poking in his cheek. Fucking adorable.

      "Actually, hate to throw this out there but smoking kills, and I helped you...so I'm the opposite of a life savor, right?" He asked nervously, biting his lip piercing and it gave me a random urge to kiss his face.

      "Uhhh..."I tried to reply but I couldn't stop starring at his lips. He must have noticed because he randomly looped his arm around my waist and pulled me into his chest.

     I started breathing heavily and my heart beat out of my chest. He chuckled at my nervousness before leaning down and putting his lips on mine.

    I felt like I just got electrocuted. He smiled slightly against my lips before pulling away. I frowned slightly and it made his smile grow.

    "I'm Luke." He stated. "Good luck on your Forensics final." He smirked before turning his back and walking away.

     "Wait, what? How do you know that I have an exam?" I called after him and he turned around, walking backwards and facing me.

     "I'm in your class. I sit in the back row. I'm gonna fail the final, so you might not see me next semester." He said before turning back to walk normally.

     "Why are you gonna fail?" I questioned and I could barely hear but I could still understand what he said. 

"I never pay attention in class, I'm always staring at you."