Chapter Seven: I'll Be Right Here

Several hours had passed already and Sasori finally received intel on his previous partner. We were now on our way back to the hideout and I'm glad that he wasn't using Hiruko since he's a scary-looking puppet.

"Y/N.", Sasori mumbled.

I gazed at him and waited for his response. He then lessened his pace, making me do the same thing. I was still waiting for him him reply so I spoke, "What is it, Sasori?"

"It's already nighttime.", He stated.

I raised an eyebrow and questioned him, "So what if it's already nighttime?"

He nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders and responded, "Aren't you feeling tired because we had to walk a really long way since this morning? Don't you want to stop and rest for a while?"

Hearing him say this secretly made me happy. He's such a tsundere. But he was right, I am feeling extremely tired today but I just want to resume walking so we could return to the hideout faster.

"No, I want to continue walking so we could reach the hideout faster.", I informed him as I tried to quicken my pace even though my legs were about to collapse any time sooner.

"You're a really stubborn person.", Sasori grumbled as he held my arm, making me stop walking. "The hideout is still far from here. I could already see how tired you are and it'd only slow us down if you collapsed."

We both stopped for a minute while I tried to think things through. I eventually came up with a decision and decided to do what Sasori had told me.

"Fine, I'll just sit here for a while.", I said as I sat down on the forest's dirt path.

Moments later, I heard him release a sigh. He trudged towards me and scooped me up in his arms. I wanted to hit him when he picked me up but I was too tired to do so.

His eyes didn't bother looking at me as he just continued walking down the dark forest. "I won't let you rest in here.", was all he said to me.

I hastily covered my face since I knew that I was currently blushing like a mad man. Sasori had me in his arms for around twenty minutes now and he was still looking for a place where we could stay. I'm feeling a bit guilty since he kept carrying me the whole time and I'm aware that I'm a bit heavy, no, I am heavy.

To get his attention, I lightly tapped his shoulder and when his eyes met mine, I spoke to him. "You don't have to carry me. I can walk on my own, Sasori."

"If you think that I'm tired and that you're heavy, you're wrong so I'm not putting you down."

I heaved an exasperated as he continued looking for a place to stay. Minutes later, he found a small house just a few meters away. He rapidly walks over to the said house and knocked on the door.

"People won't let us stay here and you know that.", I whispered into Sasori's ear as I gestured over to our cloaks, "They'll know that we're Akatsuki."

Before he could reply, the front door opened wide, revealing an old couple. Both of them glared at us then at each other then back at us. They're probably thinking why are there two S-ranked criminals who are members of a powerful organization called Akatsuki standing in front of their house. But I was so wrong.

"Is your girlfriend alright?", the old man asked Sasori as he eyed me in pity. I was about to retort that I wasn't in that kind of relationship with him but he immediately cut me right to it.

"We've been walking all day and her legs are worn out already.", He explained to the couple.

Both of them stepped aside and motioned us to enter their home. I'm actually shocked that they have no idea that we were Akatsuki members even though we're wearing the infamous cloaks. The old man told Sasori to follow him as he showed us an empty room with a bed inside.

"We're letting you stay here for tonight since it's already dark outside. My wife will be bringing you food in a while so the two of you could eat and while she's doing that, you could take a shower in the bathroom.", He said as points to the other door inside of the room. Sasori nodded his head in assurance and thanked the man.

As soon as the man left the room, Sasori finally puts me down on the bed. "We're lucky that they have no idea who we are.", Sasori uttered.

If he hadn't talked me into resting, we could still be walking outside while I desperately find warmth since it was already dark and cold. I gazed at Sasori one last time and shot him a smile before going to bed. I faced the opposite side to avoid making eye contact with him.

"You're not going to eat?", He inquired. I peered over my shoulder and saw him sitting down on a chair which was placed beside the bed.

"Just tell them that I'm sorry.", I informed him.

Silence fell upon the room for a few minutes and I decided to break it a little later, "Hey, I know you hate me but don't leave me."

I heard his silent chuckle and as soon as it died down, he responded to me. "I'll be right here, Y/N."