↳ SIX

THE NEXT DAY, as soon as Jenna had woken up, she insisted on feeling better already, and since Evan had promised to let her help after getting some rest, he had no choice but to allow her to get up from the bed and do just that

THE NEXT DAY, as soon as Jenna had woken up, she insisted on feeling better already, and since Evan had promised to let her help after getting some rest, he had no choice but to allow her to get up from the bed and do just that. Luckily, her shoulder was actually healing, and the bullet hadn't done much damage as it had flown directly through her flesh, which meant that as long as Jenna wore the shoulder immobilizer given to her, she could participate in whatever was going to happen next. Although, naturally, Evan had zero intentions to let her back in HYDRA headquarters, and while he was at it, he also decided to keep a close eye on her in order to make her stay inside the underground S.H.I.E.L.D facility.

The first thing that Jenna was supposed to do, was meet the Inhuman director of the agency, and with curiosity rising within her heart, the blonde eventually stepped out of the room she had been stuck in for a while now, and headed to his office.

"He seems kind of scary. The director, I mean", Jenna admitted quietly, murmuring towards Evan while her eyes remained on the few agents that passed them on the broad hallways.

Her confession earned a chuckle from Evan, who gently nudged his sister's good shoulder and shook his head. "He's a good guy. He wants to help others and bring justice to those he's lost over the years. I'm sure you can relate to that. Trust me, Jen, you have nothing to worry about", he reassured as they approached the right room, and in response, Jenna inhaled deeply and forced a nod, putting her faith in Evan's words.

Jenna's hand was already going for the handle, but before she could grab it, the door opened and she stepped back as tall figure left the office — Grant Ward himself, and as soon as he noticed Jenna, he directed her a suppressed smile before walking away. Narrowing his eyes at his friend, Evan's stare followed Ward until he had disappeared behind the corner, and in return, Jenna smacked his brother in his stomach — however, he couldn't start a loving fight with his sister, when the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D had already called out their names, encouraging them to enter the room.

"I'm Jenna Rivers, pleasure to meet you, sir", the youngest Rivers cleared her throat once she had stepped in, and carefully, she offered her working hand to the tall man that gladly accepted the gesture and nodded approvingly.

"Jeffrey Mace. Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D, Jenna. I've heard a lot about you — your family is why I'm taking you in with open arms", he introduced himself, and although his face remained serious and stoic, like one of a carefully sculpted statue, Jenna couldn't help but smile soflty. She directed a grateful look towards Evan, but before she could say anything, Jeffrey had already continued. "Yes, your brother convinced me that you would be a great ally for us. But initially, I heard about you from your father, Henry", he explained, and with wide eyes, Jenna turned back to the director in utter shock and disbelief.

"O—oh", she whispered, "you knew our dad?", her heart skipping a beat at the mention of Henry. Not a day passed that she didn't think about him and miss him dearly, but admittedly, she had not expected to meet an old friend of his — though it did make sense. He had died fighting for S.H.I.E.L.D, and that was the same story that Jeffrey proceeded to share.