「2/10」 cold

[02] • cold

goosebumps crept along semi's arms like dozens of tiny ants burrowing beneath his skin. the covers were drawn right up to his chin, his knees tucked under him, but still he was cold.

he wanted to close the window, but he knew shirabu couldn't sleep without it open. he'd said he liked the noise; he said it helped him remember that he wasn't alone. the distant rumble of traffic reassured him that people were still awake and very much living, the static hum of the streetlamps reminded him there was always a light to carve the way through the darkness.

semi found it both endearing and unsettling that shirabu needed these reminders. he wanted shirabu to not have to worry about being alone, in the dark, he wanted him to feel safe and loved when he was with him. he wanted to show shirabu that didn't need to be afraid. but he wasn't sure how.

"huh? semi, are you still awake?" a voice floated behind him, thick with sleep.

semi hummed, not bothering to turn around. "yeah, but i'm fine. go back to sleep," he whispered, his voice rising above the noises spilling through the open window.

he felt shirabu shuffling around behind him, and then an arm slid over his waist, another body pressing close to him, the proximity hot and stifling but consoling all at once. "you're cold again aren't you? i'm sorry, i can shut the window if you want."

semi shook his head, gripping shirabu's hands to keep them in place. "no it's okay. you stay right there and i'll be warm in no time."