Chapter Seventeen: Emory's Promise and Morgandy's Spill

Start from the beginning

Their claps and cheers were stopped when Abner came up alongside Caspian.

"Well done, Elowen. Let's hope you don't miss the bluger during the match," Abner gave a proud grin at his comment and clapped his hands.

Before Elowen could say anything back, the bludger had flown back and was heading straight towards them. Instead of sweeping in to save him, Elowen decided she was to let Abner fend for himself as, after all, he was a beater too. However, Abner did not notice to oncoming bludger and was knocked off of his broom and was holding onto it with only one hand. Elowen and the rest of the group laughed as the bludger came back around to try and release Abner's grip on his broom.

When the bludger came towards him he quickly corrected the position of his bat and whacked it towards the black lake with his right hand.

Abner quickly pulled himself back onto his stick, his face flushed as he gained balance on the stick.

"Nice shot for someone who is left-handed," Emory commented as he watched the bludger fly back.

Morgandy came up to the group alongside the rest of the Ravenclaw team dressed in her Quidditch uniform.

"This what you get for being cocky, Abner," Morgandy laughed and barged him into Caspian.

"Watch it, Crook," Abner turned to Morgandy, anger clear on his face.

"Maybe this is why you lot never win against us. You two cannot get along, even though you're both paired up with each other on the team," Emory laughed pointing at Morgandy and Abner.

Morgandy cocked an eyebrow and tried her best to fold her arms, despite the fact she held a wooden bat in her hand.

"I'm joking, Morg. Lighten up," He smiled.

"You lot, go ahead to the other side and do what we've been through," Morgandy turned back to her team, "I need to speak to you," she said as she turned back to Emory.

Emory and Morgandy flew to the nearest stand, which so happened to be the Hufflepuff one. They stepped off of their brooms and sat on the bench.

"What do you need to talk about?" Emory turned to Morgandy.

"Why did you punch Ophelia?" Morgandy said, rage clear in her voice, and her usual calm facial expression was clear of rage too.

"I didn't mean to, I meant to hit Tom, but," Emory paused, guilt and sadness was once again written on his face, "wait a second, how do you know?"

"I saw Ophelia walking to her class that started more than half an hour ago, and I know Ophelia is not one to truant but there she was walking towards the moving staircase. So I asked her and she told me that she had just come from the hospital ward," Morgandy answered honestly, looking at Emory.

"It was an accident, and now I'm pretty sure more than half of my friends want me dead, maybe want me dead even more before because we broke up," Emory stuttered and started to wave his hands about, he did this every time he got nervous or upset, "like bloody hell, Morg, you're an amazing talented seer and you're acting like you didn't see this coming."

"That's the problem Emory, I didn't see you hitting Lia happen, which has got me, and I'm sure as hell Starr, wondering if there are untold things in this prophecy," Morgandy said standing up and pacing back and forth on the stand as she panicked.

Emory sat in silence as Morgandy hadn't realised what she had said, he sat there staring at her as she paced, he had a mixture of emotions going round him but the most prominent one was anger.

"What prophecy?" Emory slightly raised his voice as he stood up looking down on Morgandy.

Morgandy stood there looking up to him as she finally caught on to what she had said, she dropped her hand from her mouth and spat out the nail that she had just bit off, over the side of the stand.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Morgandy's voice sounded raspy, her nerves kicking in.

"Morgandy I swear to Merlin, if you know why Opehlia and I have broken up then I will whack you across your head several times with my broom," Emory threatened.

"Okay, okay, keep your voice down," Morgandy hushed him placing her hands over his mouth, "just sit down, okay?"

The both of them sat down where they were originally sitting, Morgandy breathed in and out heavily a couple of times before she spoke up again, "you were never supposed to know, or find out for that matter. The day we learned of you taking over professor Posen's job was the day that the prophecy happened. Of course, Starr and I saw it coming, but we didn't think much of it. Starr got a drop of Ophelia's tears in the classroom and it happened after lunch. Tears are used in prophecies for a clearer image on what will happen. Starr and I have only seen up until the last day of Ophelia's seventh year."

Morgandy avoided eye contact with Emory throughout the whole explanation. Emory was left shocked.

"Are you serious, Morg? What if anyone found you? You could have been expelled, nobody knows you and Starr are seers. If Peeves caught you, by Merlin you'd be done for," Emory put his hands in his hair, sighing deeply as he too avoided eye contact.

"Peeves would never have caught us, the girls and I have a secret hideout room that we go in and be together whether it is to have sleepovers out of bed or to make prophecies," Morgandy finally lifted her head and looked at Emory.

"Secret room?" Emory paused, "you mean you found the Room of Requirement?"

"Oh Merlin no, that would be an honour to find, no," Morgandy laughed, "we use this hidden room in the Dungeons, its hidden behind the painting of Mopsus, why I'm telling you this I'll never know."

"I never knew there was more than one secret room in the castle," Emory paused, "well actually I did, I heard of them but I didn't believe they existed."

"I see what you mean, it's like when people used to talk about Salazar Slytherin's Chamber of Secrets, nobody believed it, but then when it was opened last year and that poor Myrtle girl."

"I didn't know of the Chamber of Secrets until last year."

"Strange really."

Emory hummed in response to Morgandy's little statement.

"Come on you two, we want our captains back," Abner yelled over to the two as they sat on the stand.

They both smiled and grabbed their brooms before they flew off in opposite directions Emory pulled Morgandy back.

"I want to know everything that has happened in the prophecy so far," Emory gave her a stern look.

Morgandy hesitated for a second, "fine, but you must promise not to tell anyone."

"Deal," Emory said as he and Morgandy shook hands.

They both smiled at each other and flew back to their teams, practising ahead of the big game in the next coming hours.