“You think I’m amazing?”

“Yeah, I’ve only known you a little while but I just can’t stop thinking about you.  Your face haunts me.  I wish all the time I can spend every minute of my day either talking to you or sitting next to you.”  He laughed with a shy tint to it.  He really just admitted how much he liked me.  My heart was racing saying to give him a chance, but my brain was telling me to run to the next exit as fast as I could. 

“No one has ever said anything like that to me. “  A smile grew quickly on my face.  I wanted to tell him that he made me feel so nervous but so comfortable at the same time.  He had no idea what he did to me and I had no way of showing him.  He smiles and it’s like my body just melts into him.  I have never felt like this with any guy before. 

“Well its true pretty girl.  Since we are being all romantic and honest, would you mind if I asked you to be my girlfriend?  I know it’s really early but I just have to have you.  I can’t stand the thought of another guy swooping you away from me.” 

“Are you sure you can handle a girlfriend Mr. Man whore?”  I could feel the sarcastic grin make its way across my face.  He looked so shocked that I had come right out with that.  “Wow I must say that hit me hard.”  He shortly said with a shocking face holding his hand up to his heart acting as if I just stabbed him.  “So pretty girl is that a yes or no.”  It took me a little to think about it but I happily said yes.  After dinner he drove me up to the base of Sunrise Mountain where you were able to look out over the whole city.  We must have been up there for hours when I checked my phone, I had about 5 minutes to get home.  Nathan quickly threw the car in drive and took off without any hesitation.  He surprisingly got me home with a minute to spare.  I quickly walked in the door putting my back against the door sighing to myself in awe.  I had just become Nathan Peter’s girlfriend.  I walked into my bathroom taking my make-up off still looking at myself with the biggest smile ever.  I changed into some old volleyball shorts and a grey tank top.  I had to call Devyn right away, she was going to flip.  Of course she asked every question imaginable, did you kiss him, where did he take you, is he super nice or a total player, and was there any kind of affection?  All I could do was laugh at her enthusiasm, I couldn’t wait to see what she said about a relationship.  Devyn had been talking my ear off she was so excited for me.

“DEVYN!  He asked me to be his girlfriend!!”  I cut her off unable to hold my excitement in.  The other end of the line was dead silent.  Did she just pass out, I kept calling her name saying hello.  Out of nowhere all I heard was a screeching scream.

“Oh My God, you are Nathan Peter’s girlfriend!  You have any idea how lucky you are?  I’m totally jealous, you biatch!”  Devyn was so happy for me but so ready to smack me at the same time.  She definitely made me laugh whenever I talked to her.  In the middle of the conversation a text came through. 

“Hey pretty girl, tonight was amazing.  I had so much fun.  I can’t wait to see you soon girlfriend.  Hope you’re not asleep I was hoping to talk to you before bed.  If you’re awake please call me.  If not goodnight beautiful.  Xoxo Nate”

                It had been a couple weeks since we had come out with our relationship.  Every night we talked on the phone until one fell asleep and every day we shared easily 300 text a day.  Thank god my Aunt had just put unlimited text on my phone, she would probably killed me if not.  I was so happy with the way everything was between us.  It sucked that he didn’t go to my school so I had to see him only on the weekends.  He came to all my games and recitals, always cheering me on.   I quickly was falling for him faster than I could blink.  Nick and my two other close friends Ben and Matt who were like brothers to me did not like him at all.  They each had an uncomfortable feeling about him.  I couldn’t see what it was that they hated, I mean Nate was the closest thing to perfect.  Anytime they would hear about me going on another date with him, all they ever said was please just be careful, something about him just isn’t right.  Nate had told me that he was going to Dumont sand dunes with some of his friends over the weekend so I had decided to go hang out with Ben or Matt.  Matt ended up being busy writing music.  He was always one to push himself until his dream was achieved.  For as long as I knew Matt he had always focused on his music.  I shortly dialed Ben hoping he would answer. 

“Kadence what’s up loser?” 

“Hey Ben I was wondering if we could have one of our old movie nights that we used to have with your sister?”

“Yeah sure why not?  I haven’t been able to hang out with you for a while.  I miss my partner in crime.”  Ben said this with so much joy in his voice.  He was right though, ever since Nate I haven’t really seen much of the guys that have seen me grow up.

“Ok great I’ll bring the Oreos and peanut butter, you order the food.  Any movies you particularly wanted to watch?”  I replied so excitedly.  I haven’t hung out with Ben outside of school for at least 3 weeks.  It really did hurt me once I realized it.  “Alright sounds good, Ill order the pizza.  I actually have a couple movies here we can watch so don’t worry about it.  See you in about five minutes.”  The call ended and I ran out to my Aunt and Uncle letting them know that’s where I would be.