I pulled my phone out and dialed nicks number as fast as I could.  He may have cheated on me but he certainly knew how to calm me down better than anyone.  When I had called I didn’t realize it was already 1:30 in the morning, the sound of Nick waking up was probably one of the sweetest noises anyone could hear.  “Kadence baby what’s wrong?  Why are you calling me this late?”  I could hear the sincere worry in his voice so I quickly answered.  “I just needed someone to talk to.  I came to this party trying to get over you and then there was this guy and he was dancing and pushing himself on me and I-I just panicked.  I don’t know what to do.  I should have listened to you Nick, I should have not come here.  Everything about this was wrong” I could only hear silence at the other end and finally he said something.  “Where are you? Do you need me to come get you? Did Brooke not keep an eye on you?”  I could hear the anger growing in his voice.  That wasn’t nothing new when it came to Brooke though.  “Nick look this was a really stupid idea can you please come get me, I’ll have to stay at your house though my parents think I’m sleeping at Brooke’s.” 

“Yeah no problem did we need to swing by and grab your stuff from her house?”

“Yes please.  And Nick please hurry I don’t want to be here anymore.” 

The call finished and I cleaned myself up before I walked out of the bathroom.  I hurried to find Devyn so I could tell her what was going on.  She didn’t agree with going to Nicks but she understood the main reason behind it.  He was the only other person I had really trusted.  While walking out the front door Nathan grabbed me by the waist “Hey pretty girl, why you leaving so soon?  We just got started knowing each other.  You know you want to stay.”  You could practically get drunk just by smelling the alcohol on his breath he was so wasted.  “Yeah, um my sister needs help so I have to leave so bye.”  Thankfully he let it go and just waived goodbye.  I went to sit on the curb to wait for Nick, it had taken him a whole fifteen minutes to get there.  He knew when I said hurry it meant it was time to go.  As Nick pulled up a guy behind me grabbed my arm trying to turn me around and give me the most disgusting kiss ever while grabbing my ass with the other hand.  Nick hopped out of his lifted truck and threw the guy on the floor.  “Don’t you ever lay a fucking finger on her again you understand dick” I grabbed his arm signaling for us to leave right now.  “Whoa brotha chill, I was just talking to the sexy little thing, didn’t know she was taken.”  Nick was so angry his fist were clenched so tight his knuckles were white.  Before I knew it he smashed the kid across the jaw.  I quickly grabbed him pulling him as hard as I could.  Finally he jumped in the truck and grabbed my hand making sure I was ok, once I nodded we finally left. We managed to grab my stuff and made it back to his house, he gave me his bed while he slept on the floor.  Before he fell asleep I whispered softly thank you to him.  He reached up kissing my hand “Anytime Kadence baby, girlfriend or not you’re still my best friend.”  I quickly fell into a deep slumber after that. 

                I woke up to my phone being blown up by Devyn, I tried grabbing my phone but every time I slapped the dresser I couldn’t get it.  Nick grabbed the phone off the floor and threw it on the bed.  “Kadence answer that stupid thing before I throw it.  Doesn’t people believe in sleep?”  I couldn’t help but giggle to myself, I answered the phone to Devyn freaking out.  “Oh My God, so Brooke and Sadie took off last night with some of the guys I barely just got back to Brookes house.”  Devyn practically screamed in my ear.   “What the hell do you mean they just left, and forgot about you?”  I was so angry this is why I hated going to parties with those two.  “Seriously Kadence I don’t know what they were thinking.  I can’t even trust them anymore.  This is the first time they have done this damn it!”  I talked to her for about twenty minutes and finally convinced her to just come to Nick’s house.  When Nick finally decided to get up it was about 1 in the afternoon, we decided to go to the movies, he had called his friend Douglas to come.  This was the funniest thing to watch he clearly was into Devyn and she didn’t want to give him the time of day.  It was kind of like a real life sitcom for me and Nick when those two were around each other.  When we had gotten to the movies my phone buzzed unexpectedly.  I thought it was going to be one of the girls but then it buzzed two more times.  I opened my phone to see an unknown number first message read “Hey pretty girl I enjoyed spending time with you last night.” My breath caught in my throat as I continued to read the others.  “By the way this is Nathan, hope we can talk soon.J” which then had another follow with “Brooke passed along your number after you disappeared from me.” It caught me by surprise and my face showed only an expression Nick could read.  It was nervousness and panic, this guy had only met me 24 hours ago and already found it a need to text me until I answered.  Devyn and Douglas had already gone into the movie not even noticing that we were not there.  Nick sat beside me staring at me wanting to know what the hell just happened.

“Brooke gave Nate my number last night knowing how much I hate that.  I can’t just move on to a guy like that Nick.  I am not her, and I well I mean I still lo…I just can’t do this”   I knew Nick caught what I was about to say, he knew I still loved him.  Just as I said that flashbacks of my dad forced their way into my mind.  I could remember the pain I saw on my mother’s face as she watched my father cheat on her, she was just a boring toy in his eye.  I hated him with everything in me, how he treated someone as precious as my mom like a royal slave.  He kept her for everything that comes with a relationship except the part that involved love.  I watched how he just moved on so easily from her or any other of his dirty whores. I promised myself I would never do that to anyone or let anyone do it to me.  Nick just hugged me telling me everything would be ok, being in his arms it was ok.  Everything about just being with him made everything ok, he loved me like a girl should be loved.  When I got home that night all I could think about was those text, and Nick telling me it would be ok.  I wished I could just rewind and go back to the day before Nick’s stupid mistake, but I couldn’t I had to at least try and move on.  I gained the courage to text Nate back even if it was a little while later leading up to him asking me out on our first date.