I Guess I Spoke Too Soon...

Peyton rested his hand on Andi's shoulder as if to say I told you so.

"But what about my mom?" Andi asked. Her real mother lives in Tallahassee, about an hour from where Andi lives. "Then I'll be even further from  her."

Her step mother looked around the room helplessly, then at her father.

"That's not something I can handle right now." He said in monotone.

"What about football?" Peyton asked. "UGA has already offered me a scholarship,"

"Well you don't know. I hear Penn State is a great university," her step-mother tilted her head a little.

"Sure." With that, he walked out of the house. Andi grabbed her bag and followed him-he was her ride to school.

"Peyton!" Andi called. He just kept walking. "Peyton!" She called again.

As he was about to open his car door, Andi grabbed his hoodie. "Peyton. What's wrong with you? It's not like there isn't another college in Pennsylvania. And plus you have your own car. You can drive back down to Georgia to go to UGA so chill out."

He glared at her and slammed his door shut.

"Are you going to let me in or do you want me to get AIDS from that bus?" Andi shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

"Get in." He tried to hide a smile.

She walked to the other side of the truck and got in the passenger door. Once she buckled up, she threw her book bag in the back seat of his Ford F-150. "You really need to clean this thing out." She picked up a Domino's pizza box and a half empty bottle of Mt Dew from the floor.

"Why don't you do it for me?" He asked as he drummed his index finger on the leather steering wheel covering.

"I would if I could actually fit in this thing comfortably." She mumbled as she moved the hat from the dash board to the middle console. "I can't even see out of the windshield."

"Oh chill out. It's my truck not your Camaro. When you get a car, you realize how hard it is to keep it clean." He clicked the blinker.

"Yeah because it's just so hard to throw away a pizza box after you use it." She smiled. "While I'm at it, I might as well not wipe my butt hole because I can't reach the toilet paper."

"THAT WAS A ONE TIME THING!" He laughed. "IT WAS ALL THE WAY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BATHROOM AND I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT!"

"Like texting Shelby?" She smirked.

"Cut that out," his smile disappeared.

"I thought you and Shelby were like the couple of the school?" Andi pulled out her phone from her pocket.

"I don't want to talk about it." He muttered and put his hand up to his temple, his other hand still on the wheel.

The car was silent until they got to the school. As she was getting out, she walked up to his window and said "It's not going to be as bad as you think." And she walked off.