ANWMA -- Special Chapter (Wedding)

Start from the beginning

The music changes. Träumerei by Robert Schumann.

"Please stand," the reverend commands, and everyone does, turning their heads to the back, waiting.

This is the longest walk ever. My heart is pounding. The wedding wasn't even this stressful.

I can't do this. I can't do this. I can't do this. Yet my feet were glued, tapping patiently on the ground as I wait for Nina to advance her step towards the aisle. Towards the front. No. Towards me

As Nina appears on her grandfather's arm, the sun pokes through the clouds as if God has heard  my prayer and has obliged by shining the sun warmly down upon the radiant bride.

I took us awhile to finally tie the knots. And the tangled web about her older twin sister has been resolved. I was a little surprised when she mentioned about the stupid childhood promise when in fact, I never did such

Yes, Rima must've looked like Nina before .. Maybe she had fooled me to play tag with her but it was just that .. It took her awhile to be convinced and I had to take her out for most of the time to let her see how serious I was .. until It came out in this happily ever after

Time stops for me. As she walks forward, her eyes lock onto mine, and I felt helpless in her presence. She is breathtaking in a gown of a shimmery white, almost as if it is shot through with silver.

The scooped neckline is wide, exposing a fair amount of her beautiful shoulders, and weren't that long

I'm going to have to stop myself from touching that skin once she's up here, I found myself thinking.

She's halfway down the aisle, and she doesn't even notice the cameras and smiles and appreciative whispers; all I see is Nina.

Focus on Nina. She is there, She is walking towards you. My love. My soon-to-be-Mrs Iñigo Bustamante. My wife. It still doesn't seem real.

Okay, kneel. Do I look up? Do I look down? Straight ahead? She looks so beautiful, so... proud? Is she proud of me?

I will never get used to the way she gazes at me, the way she can make my heart pound and my knees go watery with her eyes alone.

Take her hands. Stand. She looks so pleased, so content, her hands so small and warm on mine.

My eyes rove over her further as she approaches. A fitted bodice accentuating her narrow waist leads down to her hips, where a gold sash is draped and knotted loosely but elegantly in the back, its tails trailing down atop the train of her skirt.

The ends of the sash are embroidered with red filigree. That's different. I like it, I smiled. She has her mother's tiara on her head from which the veil extends, draping down over her hair, which Diane has artfully arranged around it.

It is mostly up, with a few tendrils strategically left loose to trail tantalizingly on her neck. Her bouquet is larger than the others, and it also includes some red roses sprinkled in.

Looking at her carefully, A memory from the past blasted right before me ..

The little boy immediately gasp the little girl's hand and drag her with him. They started running off as fast as they could, away from those bullies ..and away from everyone else