Chapter 3- Are We Friends?

Warnings: I mean it's long... so yeah.. oh and also there's one swear word
Jasper's POV (Oh look new perspective :O)
I woke up as the sun beams down on my eyes. As eagerly as possible, I get up as I look over at the still sleeping Davey. Smiling, I poke Davey until he wakes up. He just replies with a groan and turns the other way. I frown before poking him again. He quickly turns to face me.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" He snaps. Simply and swiftly, I grab him pulling him up. I hear a small yelp from him.

          I heard him give his signature scowl as he's pulled out the tent. I see the counselor I briefly met yesterday. I think her name was Dorothy? Oh yeah! Darla! "What activities do we have today?" I question as in pulling her into a hug along with Davey.

          "Well we're-" she looks down  at Davey, becoming a bit uneasy. "We'll be learning of safety in the wild!" Safety? It's rad that she cares about me but I should be fine!

          "Okay then! That's richeaus in my book!" I exclaimed.

"Well, we should get going." Darla spoke to us. She quickly began to walk off as we followed. Well, I did. But Davey just slouched behind.

Noticing this, I stopped until Davey caught up. I grabbed his hand and ran with him up to Darla. He yelped again and gripped my hand tightly. My face began to heat up as I walk at a steady pace with Davey.

"Can you let me go?" Davey groaned.

"Nooo can do! Sorry bud!" I smile at him. He looks away from me and keeps walking.

Walking into the mess hall. It's crowded! Maybe this is a good time to make friends! I let go of Davey and walk over to a kid with blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hey! I'm Jasper! Who are you?" I beam. He looks at me and smiles.

"I'm Daniel. But, my friends call me Danny." He looks into my eyes. "You seem like someone I can trust. I can learn to like you."

I sit down next to him. He moved closer to me and Davey sits down at a different table. Darla and Gregg get to the front of the room.

"Well, instead of breakfast, we will learn about safety in the wild!" Most kids were excited by Greggs comments. "We will start with how to find edible plants!" I sit up straight, eager to know.

~Timeskip to after the dumb speech  brought to you by Kool-Aid~

I shake awake Danny, who bolted up. I giggle slightly and pull him into a side hug.

"Danny come on get up! They're serving us our food!" I smile and see Davey glaring at us from the corner of my eye.

"Serving. Us? But I thought we had to get it ourselves..."

"Well, maybe! I don't know this is my first breakfast here. Hopefully they'll have some gnarly food!" My grin widens as I am served a plate of pancakes and bacon. "Guess I was right!"

He looks at the food confused. "Usually it's just some mashed potatoes..."

I unwrap my arm around Danny as Davey walks up to us and squeezes between me and Danny. After a while of me staring at Davey for what he did, I realize how similar they look.

"So... are you two like.. tw-" I'm quickly cut off by them both screaming no as if they've been asked a million times.

Without hesitating, I dig in and notice both Danny and Davey staring. I shrug it off and keep going.

Danny's POV (oh yes)
I watch Jasper eat. He was just, so darn cute! Davey is eyeing him as well, he will not take him from me!

I sigh, knowing I will eventually help him ascend. Xemüg is saying that's he needs the most cleansing out of us all. Maybe I can get away with not sacrificing him though..

My head begins to fill with dirty thoughts as I fantasize about him. Oh the things I could make him do! I begin to smirk. Seeing Jasper looking at me, I turn away, blushing slightly.

"Are you feeling fine?" He asks me. I simply nod. "You don't seem okay..." I feel someone hug me from behind and pull away. I whip around revealing Jasper, who had gotten out of his seat just to hug me.

Davey's knuckles begin to turn obviously white as I smirk. I had won this round. Jasper grabs his plate and throws it away.

"Come on guys!" He beams. "Let's go into the woods and do some rambunctious stunts!" I was taken aback. Him? Wanting to do something crazy? Interesting... he's a keeper for sure.

Quickly we hop into the woods, with Jasper carrying... more wood. Like we needed more! He runs to a big tree and lays the the wooden boards and some tools.

"What are we doing?" Davey groaned.

"Building our own tree fort! This is for us three and only us! Because we're friends! Well... best friends!" He replies. I chuckle to myself.

Davey scowls and lets out a small 'aight' before sitting down. Jasper lays out a blue print. He's been planning this? This is his second day!
________________________________
3 hours later, we've made some progress. The base was finished and the northern wall was built. We were quite proud. In around 5 more hours we should have something decent. Davey has just been sitting there, eating snacks and playing on his Zelda game watch (Yes they made that).

"We should just finish this now!" Jasper exclaimed. I replied with a simple smile and nodded.
______________________________
Jasper was wrong. We finished in 9 hours. We sat down on our new fortress and smiled.

"This was fun. I was glad we could hang out! I really like you!" I told him. He hugged me.

"I had fun too! And I really like you as well!" He smiles. "Because were best friends!" My heart shattered. I just got friend zoned.

I tried to laugh it off. "Haha, yeah... best... friends..." Jasper jumps down and runs to Davey.

Davey's POV
I look at Jasper and growl. "What do you want?"

"I have a question, but we need to go somewhere private!" He sprints off and I walk behind.

"So? What the fuck do you want?" He flinches.

"Well... judging on how you treat me... tell me truthfully....

Are we friends?"

//Word Count: 1079
Published 10/26/17

Sorry this one took so long! There's been a whole lot of school projects!