Chapter two- The Shelter

Alexander held his small daughters hand as they walked into a small, cramped alleyway. It was already dark outside as the cold wind blew harshly around the three family members.
"Daddy... I'm cold.." Angelica said quietly. Alexander could see her shaking, although he had made her wear her jacket. He gave her his Jacket to make her warmer before setting their bags down.
"What are we doing here..?" Alexander heard Phillip say, his voice shaking just slightly due to the cold. What would he say to him? That they're going to stay there until the Hogwarts train comes and they go to the wizardry school? No, it wasn't that simple. He knew his son liked Harry Potter, but he was sure his 9 year old son knew that that was fake. After all, he is in 4th grade.
"Phillip.. my son.." Alexander thought for a moment, quickly finding the right words. "Your grandpa.. he won't let us live in our house anymore.. so we have to stay here for a little bit.. is that okay?" He knew this was not a safe time or place for two children to be sleeping, but it was the only place he could find. He looked around at the scraps of cardboard and metal pieces, finding a few very sturdy pieces of sheet metal and wood. He started to build a small shelter, unafraid if anyone noticing them in the alleyway. It was one of those dead end alleyways that you can't get over the wall, no mater how hard you tried. Alexander sat down and opened one of the suitcases, the one containing the blankets and sleeping bags, and started making a pallet for all three of them to sleep on. His breaths were able to be seen in the frigid air by the white snow-like color. It would begin to snow soon, as Alexander was afraid his children wouldn't survive out here. He quickly motioned for Angelica and Phillip to come to him, and they quickly cuddled up and fell asleep in the cold winter darkness.

*time skip a week or two later*

Alexander was awake as his little, beautiful girl cried. He had barely eaten in a week, giving most of his food to his children. Alexander's face was shallow, the shape of his bones being able to be seen behind his skin, which was a slight blue tint from the cold. He had given what extra clothes he had to his children to keep them warm and alive, so all he was wearing was a dark green t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. He had lost feeling in his hands, as he had been digging in the snow to try and salvage some of it for water. It was day at this time, which meant that people were up and about. It also meant that it was warmer. Alexander was trying his best to soothe his daughter. They had not gone to school in the time that they had been out here, as the school attendees thought that they had moved. Alexander hears Phillip wake up and felt a small pang of sadness. That was the first time he had been sleeping in the past two days.
"Papa..? C-can you sing me t-that song you used t-to sing to me when I-I was a baby..?" Philip said quietly.
"Of course... the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun.."

Hey guys! Before anyone asks, if they have read a fanfiction that is like this, or has the same theme, I'm sorry! But I just felt like making a story about this, since I read a story like it, but only the first two chapters. So I hope y'all enjoy!
~angel 💗