Chapter 42

~Time Skip~
~Half a year later~

It has been almost a year since Roberto and I had been together. It also has been almost a year since I've been home.

As I had dinner with Joshua and our parents. It felt like I hadn't ran away five years ago.

My parents seemed to have eased back into their joyous selves before my five year disappearance.

Never will I do that again, even if deep down I still feel just a tad bit out of place. No matter what, I will always be who I am.

A Lieben.

The Princess of Dres Van.

After having dinner with my family, which had become a nightly thing, I went to the gardens of Dres Van Manor.

The air was cold, but it felt wind felt nice on my warm cheeks.

A few minutes had passed before someone wrapped a blanket around me.

"You'll catch your death if you stay out here like that," Roberto whispered into my ear.

My eyes widened with shock.

"What are you doing here at a time like this?"

Roberto laughed.

"I can't just come by?"

I narrowed my eyes.

"Not this late, no."

Roberto frowned. "Well, then I guess I should go—"

"Well, you're here now. So stay," I laughed as he wrapped the other end of the blanket around his shoulders.

Roberto and I shared the blanket as we looked up at the stars.

"So," I began as Roberto wrapped his arms around my waist, I leaned against his chest, "what do I owe this surprise visit?"

"I wanted to see you," Roberto whispered in my ear.

"Missed me already?" I laughed, and turned around to look into his brown eyes.

It hadn't been even a week since we last saw each other.

"Of course, I miss you," I heard him say. "I hate staying away from you."

I bit the inside of my cheek, hiding a smile.

"Do you not feel the same way?" He pouted comically.

"Of course," I chuckled. "I hate it when one of us has to leave."

Then, just like that his playful expression suddenly became serious.

"Let's change that," He said in a serious but gentle tone.

My heart pounded in my chest.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I want you to stay with me, forever," Was all he said before he knelt down on one knee.

"No way..." I trailed off as I put a hand to cover my mouth.

He smirked and took out a small navy blue box from the inside of his suits jacket.

"Be with my forever, Katerina." He opened the small box and inside was an elegant diamond engagement ring with a gold band.

"Will you marry, Katerina Lieben?"

All I could do was gasp.

Was this real?

"Yes!" I blurted out before Roberto could think anything. "Yes, I'll marry you, Roberto."

Author's Note:

Okay, I know that was quick, but I feel like there really isn't much left for Roberto and Katerina.

I just felt like it was time to fast forward and let them have the happy ending that they deserve.

This isn't the ending though.

I will be writing wedding chapters for them after this one. Like I did with Glenn and Linda's route.

Thank you for being so patient with me on finishing this story. I appreciate your support.

See you in the wedding chapters of Roberto and Katerina.