Chapter 1: Friends

This is how to get friends.
1. Be yourself
~ Just act casual and never try to act better than anyone. Have conversations that you want, express yourself. If they don't like you for you then find people that accept you for you.

2. Don't try to hard
~ Don't ever say you are going to fight anyone. People will try to hype you up and try to motivate you to fight. They are not your real friends. They will only be there for entertainment. Don't ever act like you are interested in their interest if you are not. If you pretend you are not going to be happy. Happiness comes from within , which leads to comfort. Be comfortable with those you befriend. If you feel uncomfortable all the time think things through. 

Ask yourself: 

Why am I not comfortable with this person? 

Am I being myself around this person?

Never think you are the problem. Think of the interactions between you and the other person and try to change the interaction in order to make yourself comfortable with that person.

3. Try not to offend others
~ Never say anything to intentionally offend people. Jokes can go too far whether you know it or not. Everyone has their own lives and jokes may not translate the way you think. You can play around, but always have boundaries. Remember the "golden rule"-Treat others the way you want to be treated. For example: Calling someone a racial slur or talking about someone's home or wealth (whether they are rich or not).

4. Be honest
~ Try not to lie to anyone, you will be seen as a liar and will not be trusted. You can damage your image and you can continue lying in a unhealthy way. Lies lead to more lies. 

"YOUR DOG DID NOT EAT YOUR HOMEWORK!"

For example: If you take your friend's pencil behind their back and they ask you if you've seen it be honest because being caught in a lie will show how sneaky or untrustworthy you truly are whether you meant any harm or not. (Never take anything even if you are joking around)

5. Share
~  Sharing is caring but don't share to much. Sharing to much will make you a victim. People will take your kindness for weakness. 

Always have boundaries and never give anyone your last unless, you are not hurt by it later on. An example of unhealthy sharing: You have a pencil and someone asks to keep it for their next class, and you know you need it for math class later that day. 

An example of healthy sharing: You have 3 pencils and someone asks for one but you still have a pencil for math class.

Someone who does not care will constantly take from you without any care about your well-being, and although being the one to go to all the time sounds good but it doesn't benefit your friendships with ANYONE. Try to say no sometimes. If their attitude change towards you after you set boundaries find people who respect you and asks you for things but acknowledges that you are a person that needs things also.

6. Mean girls
~ Girls aren't naturally mean. On movies there are always the perfect popular girls that never let outsiders in their clique. Be careful with people who excludes others and form groups based on whether they think you are good enough to talk to or not . 

Friendships with people like this are not long-term. Although they are not healthy groups of people they can teach you what to to look for in a real friend. You can grow as a person, by learning that they are not meant for you. People like that are usually insecure.

If you do decide to befriend people like that be yourself. Never bully anyone that is lonely, encourage your clique to be nice and try to not to think anyone else is less than.😁

7. Boys

~ Boys are very different from one another just like how any other humans different from another. To become friends with boys just be yourself.  

Hello boys reading this.

All boys are handsome and smart whether you believe it or not. You don't have to be an athlete or rowdy to be a boy. I know some of you hate sports talk. Well I do to. One day the world will stop these stereotypes of a man and boy and you all will be happy. But until then just know you  can be whatever you want to be. I just hope you are happy as well.

8. Bullying

~ Bullying is mistreating others whether it's verbal or physical. Verbal abuse can be as harsh as physical abuse. Cursing at someone or insulting them, their family , their clothing, and etc can make them sad or feel unwanted. Just because someone is different does not mean they should be targeted. Bullies are people that feel insecure in one way or another. 

If you are a bully. Hi. Please stop. If you are not feeling ok, try to find ways to help yourself. Inflicting pain on others continues the never ending cycle of trauma. 

Example: What type of friends do you like? Pick one or more

A. Fun.                         F. Funny

B. Loud.                      G. Generous

C. Popular.                 H. Shy     

D. Bully.                       I. Troublemaker

E. Smart