Camryn & Jacquees Ch10

~Camryn's POV~

Today is the day of Lindsey's family's BBQ and I'm going. My parents were going to be in Downtown enjoying themselves and doing what grown folks do. Now I ain't had no BBQ in a long while and I hope whomever is barbecuing at Lindsey's does the damn thang cause I ain't eating no nasty BBQ.

"You ready, sweetheart?" my mom asked knocking on my door and then opening it.

"Almost. I gotta fix my make-up," I said grabbing my eyeshadow and brush.

"Girl, you're going to a BBQ not a fashion show."

"It's just a lil' make-up." I dabbed a little on my right eye to make it more like the left one. There was a knock at the door and my daddy hollered that Que was here. Instantly my heart started pounding really hard. Ever since our date in Downtown, Que and I have been on Cloud 9. Like I can't even explain.

I looked myself over in the mirror one more time before I walked downstairs. I was dressed in a long turquoise polyester skirt, black tank top exposing my flat belly button, and my black sandals. My hair was lightly curled and my makeup was looking right. Damn I was cute. I go downstairs and see my daddy and Que sitting on the sofa having a conversation, but it stopped when they saw me. They both stood up.

"You kids have fun," my daddy said giving Que a handshake and me a kiss and a hug.

"You know where to reach us, Cam," my mother told me hugging me too.

"Yes I do." a Then we were out the door.

Que and I were down the road just chilling listening to music.

"You're gonna have a good time, Cam. Their BBQ is off the chain. I'm telling you," Que said smiling at me as we pulled up in front of I guess Lindsey's house. Que got out and came around the car and opened my door for me. He is such a gentleman.

"What's good my nigga!" Issa yelled coming out the house carrying two Sprite cans in his hands.

"What up!" Que and Issa gave each a brotherly hug and handshake. You can clearly see they were like brothers.

"Hey, Cam," Issa said hugging me also. "Y'all come on inside. My uncle beating them ribs."

I followed both of them inside and walked into the kitchen. Que introduced me to everyone and everybody seemed nice except for a few of the girls, but that was okay. Just don't get in my way, bitches.

"Hey, girl," I hear Lindsey behind me. I turned around and hugged her.

"You are working that outfit, girl."

"Thank you."

"Let's go upstairs to my room."

We ran upstairs to her room. They have pretty nice house too. We were sitting on the bed while music was playing softly in the background. Damn! Whoever was singing had it going on for real.

"Lin, who's that singing like that?" I asked pointing towards her pink radio.

"Que," she said walking towards the bed.

What the fuck did she just say? Come again.

"Say what?"

"Que."

"Que? As in the short mutha fucka downstairs with dreadlocks in his fuckin' head?"

Lindsey laughed so hard tears were coming out of her eyes.

"Yes, girl. That's him."

"He sounds beautiful. I didn't know he could sing."

"He has videos on YouTube. So does Issa and the rest of his lil crew."

Dang. I didn't know my boo could sing.

"Y'all come downstairs and eat!" one of Lindsey's cousins said peeking her head in the door.

"All right we'll be down in a minute," Lindsey said then her cousin left.

"I can't believe you and Que are officially dating."

"Yeah, girl. I'm too happy."

"Not to spoil your good mood, but Tanya is on a rampage."

"Whatchu mean?"

"Word going around school, she's determined to take Que back and she says you're not gonna stop her. I'm just telling you to just be prepared for all the lies and other bullshit she's gonna do."

My stomach got knots in it. I haven't been in Atlanta for five months yet and bullshit is already coming my way. Tanya wants drama? Ok. She got that. She probably done punked a lot of those girls at the school, but she got me fucked up if she think she's gonna do me the same way.

~Jacquees' POV~

The BBQ was great as usual and I'm glad Cam wasn't disappointed. She can put some food away. That's my girl though. On the way home, I could tell Cam was quiet. Too quiet.

"What's wrong, bae?" I asked.

She shook her head and gave me a weak smile.

"Nothing, Que. I'm good."

"Come on, Cam. I know you too well now. I know something up so just tell me."

"Don't worry about it."

"Is it about the way Lindsey's and Issa's cousins looked at you?"

"Hell no."

"Then what is it?"

"I've been informed that your old girl is tryna cause havoc with me."

"Where you hear that from?" I don't know why I asked that question knowing where it came from: Lindsey's big mouth ass. Damn heffah.

"I already know Lindsey said something." I already answered my own question before Cam answered. "That's what a lot of ex-hoes do, bae. They gon hate and talk shit, but you gotta ignore it."

"I thought I told you to talk to her."

"I haven't had the time, but I'll talk to her."

"Please do cause I don't wanna have to knock this bitch out."

I laughed as I pulled up in my driveway. I was gonna walk Cam

to her house and then walk back to mine.

"Que?"

"What up?"

"I didn't know you could sing."

I looked at her like she was crazy. How she know? Oh! Lindsey big mouth ass.

"Yes, ma'am."

"You sounded beautiful. Lindsey had a song on in her room and she told me it was you after I asked her who was singing like that."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Can you sing me a lil' something?"

I smiled, took her soft hand, and looked her in the eyes. I began singing Weak by SWV to her. Damn! I could tell she was going to have dreams about this.

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

I know it was short, but hey, it's something. I've been busy packing up and now I'm out of school for the next 3 months.

So Que and Cam went to a BBQ party.

Cam was blown away when Que stated to singing to her. And I know y'all are wondering why haven't I put the lyrics up. TBH I'm lazy but it is what it is. 😊

So plz . . .

Vote.

Comment.

Follow.

Thank You. 💋

Oh and Follow me on Instagram: itzmsbri2u