✩ Drama Department ✩

Start from the beginning

I bit my lip, before giving her a stiff nod and sliding out the car.

We all stepped in through the entrance, and walked towards the main office. An lady approximately in her late fifty's was sitting on the opposite side of the counter. When she lifted her eyes from the book she was reading to our faces, her eyes widened. I recognized her. "Welcome back ladies, it's great to see some top graduates coming back to visit after years." She beamed. Others in the office stared at us with curiosity, wondering who we were.

"Mrs. Scott! It's great to see you too. Still reading your books I see." I smiled which she returned sweetly. 

"Well you must be here for some reason, so please tell me what I can help you with." 

"Adhaya here is getting married, so we came to distribute invitations to a few of our colleagues." 

"Congratulations dear! I'm very happy for you. And who is this lucky young man?" She replied.

We paused for a few seconds when Meera spoke for the first time in the office. "Uhh, it's Kabir."

Mrs. Scott shook her head in bewilderment before turning to face me. "Kabir? As in your brother, Kabir Kapoor?" I nodded and bit my lip to stifle a laugh. Of course she knew him. My dear brother and his friends use to come here quite often for their detentions. Her shocked expression faded and she began to laugh. "That's great! Finally someone to knock sense into that boy." At this we all started laughing. It was certainly true. My brother was a player...sort of. His friends were too, not much of a surprise there. They had this whole rank system with Mr. Bastard on the top, Abhi in second, then Kabir, and lastly Dhruv - well Dhruv didn't take part in most of their stupid shit. 

"Is it possible to know which room Stella Jefferson is in?" Adhaya interrupted.

"Oh yes, she's in room B116." We all nodded and exited the office.

"Thank you! And Mrs.Scott?" Adhaya called back. "You are invited to my wedding as well!"

"Aw, that's sweet dear. But I'm going back to Calgary to meet some family." She said apologetically. 

"Oh. Well if you decide to come, you're always welcome." Adhaya smiled. With that, we strolled down the hall.

I noticed young senior boys, talking by their lockers. I smiled politely as our gazes connected. Enjoy boys. Life's about to hit you like a truck.

When we finally arrived to room B116, I gave a light knock on the door. After a few seconds of patiently waiting, the door opened revealing our beautiful yet much more mature looking friend, Stella. Once she saw us, her confused expression changed to a bright smile. "Hey guys, I'll just be a few minutes. Try not to explode the lab!" she hollered back to her class. I chuckled lightly. 

"Yes, Ms.Jefferson!" they called back.  

She turned back to us. "Hey, oh my god!Haven't seen you all in a long time! And Akira, how are you? I heard you're in California." she beamed giving each of us a hug and turning to me. 

"Was. I was in California and now I recently moved to London!"

"Oh, that's great! So is there anything exciting happening, which brought back my friend after like, six years!"

"Actually, Ms. Shy squirrel over here, is gonna become Mrs.Kapoor!" I squealed.

"Seriously? Wow, so Kabir is finally settling huh?" 

"Yup. Surprising I know." Shanaya piped in.

"Who knew Kabir was capable of marriage!" Meera exclaimed.

"I'm actually surprised how long it took. Weren't you guys together for like six years?" Stella questioned Adhaya.

The woman in turn blushed, "seven actually. But no matter, I decided to come by and personally give you the invitation to the wedding!" Adhaya said brightly handing Stella the invitation wrapped in a gold seal.

"Aw thanks! I'm so excited!" Stella exclaimed taking the invitation. "I won't miss it for the world."

A loud crash sounded from inside the classroom. We all rushed in after Stella to see the commotion, to find two people standing by a broken beaker. One was a young boy with blonde hair and a smirk lingering. My guess was that he broke the beaker. 

And in front of him was a tall, lean person standing at a height of 6'2, with his back facing us. His broad shoulders and dark short hair gave an appealing, but oddly familiar look.  I noticed the girls were filled with the same curiosity as me. He seemed to be telling the kid something, but I couldn't make it out. Stella turned to look at us. "Hey guys is it okay if I go and fix the problem my troubled class has made?" She asked with concern.

We all nodded, smiled, and waved her away. "Joesph what did you do again!" She said shaking her head in disappointment. While he just smiled sheepishly. 

"Oh, Mr. Roy when did you come in?" That's when the supposed "Mr. Roy" turned around. My eyes widened, while we had our jaws dropped and I heard a gasp from Shanaya. 

When he finally noticed our presence, he held the same expressions as us. He looked over from Adhaya, and Meera, to me, and finally landing his eyes upon Shanaya.

"Shanaya..." he whispered, but it was heard since the whole class was quiet now. I looked over at her to see, that she was trying really hard to keep strong and not let her tears spill. He stepped towards us, or more like her. That was all it took for her to turn around and stalk down the hall.

"Shanaya! Wait!" he shouted, running after her. Oh drama, even after many years, it still haunted us.

✩ ✩ ✩

Hope you liked it!

Remember to vote and comment

xoxo

loveYJHD